Table of the development of children from 0 to 6 years
The first six years of a child's life are a spectacular marathon of development, both physically and cognitively as well as at a psychological and social level. Children learn at high speed and develop motor, social and cognitive skills that will mark their part of their future personality. Guiainfa
The first six years of a child's life are a spectacular marathon of development, both physically and cognitively as well as at a psychological and social level. Children learn at high speed and develop motor, social and cognitive skills that will mark their part of their future personality.
Guiainfantil.com has summarized in a table the changes of boys and girls throughout these first six years of life.
Table of the evolution of children from 0 to 6 years
- From 0 to 6 months: During the first months of life when the child experiences more changes, especially in the psychomotor field. During the first 3 months of life the baby has full dependence on the parents. He needs them to feed and begin to discover the world around them. After 3 months, however, his learning marathon begins. The baby begins to interact with the people around him and discovers that his actions involve a reaction. He begins to smile, to stick out his tongue, to ask with his arms to hold him in his lap ... He is able to stay seated with support, and then he will manage to do without him.
The babbling also begins. The baby will try to join phonemes with more or less success.
- From 6 to 12 months: The stage from 6 to 12 months in the discovery stage. The baby begins to crawl, and as it approaches a year of age, will be able to stand up and even take a few steps.
Increase your independence and curiosity to explore everything. That's why I put everything in my mouth. It is a risk stage and you have to take it into account and prepare the house to avoid accidents.
The language also advances and the baby learns new words. Learn to say 'mom', 'dad' and to name and point out other objects. They also discover that they are not alone, that there are more children, and although still timidly, they begin to interact with them.
- From 12 to 24 months: The child finally begins to walk. Now a new world opens before him. His autonomy increases and he realizes that he is capable of doing many things on his own. However, it approaches the stage of tantrums and jealousy. He is still unable to understand certain rules and limits.
During this time he shows great attachment for his parents.
- From 2 to 4 years old: During this stage, social and cognitive development becomes very important. They begin to interact more with other children and discover the artistic field: painting, books ... And as for language, they are finally able to form sentences, although they often 'stumble' and are not able to express their thoughts in order.
- From 4 to 6 years old: At last they begin to dominate all the fields, both language and psychomotor and cognitive. They are able to jump, climb and dance easily. They express thoughts and perfect their drawings and artistic representations. They look for other children because they love the collective game.