Story of Little Red Riding Hood in English for children
The story of Little Red Riding Hood is one of the most popular among children and parents. Besides being very entertaining for them and encouraging them to take an interest in reading, it is a good way to warn children of the danger of talking to strangers. In GuiaInfantil.com we invite you to read
The story of Little Red Riding Hood is one of the most popular among children and parents. Besides being very entertaining for them and encouraging them to take an interest in reading, it is a good way to warn children of the danger of talking to strangers.
In GuiaInfantil.com we invite you to read a version of this story in English. Thus, in addition to having a fun time with the family, we are helping the children to learn languages.
Little Red Riding Hood in English for children
Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl. Her grandmother loved her very much, and she gave her a little cap made of red velvet. Because it suited her so well, and she wanted to wear it all the time, she came to be known as Little Red Riding Hood.
One day her mother said to her:
- Eat Little Red Riding Hood. Here is a piece of cake and a bottle of wine. Take them to your grandmother. She is sick and weak, and they will do her well. Behave yourself on the way, and do not leave the path -
Little Red Riding Hood promised to obey her mother. When Little Red Riding Hood entered the woods to wolf came up to her. She did not know what a wicked animal he was, and was not afraid of him.
- Where are you going so early, Little Red Riding Hood? - asked the wolf
- To my grandmother's house -
- And what are you carrying under your apron? - asked the wolf again
- My grandmother is sick and weak, and I am taking her some cake and wine -
- Listen, Little Red Riding Hood, have you seen the beautiful flowers that are blossoming in the woods? Why do not you go and take a look? It is very beautiful in the woods. ??
Little Red Riding Hood opened her eyes and saw the sunlight breaking through the trees and how the ground was covered with beautiful flowers. She thought, "If you take a bouquet to grandmother, she will be very pleased"
And she ran off into the woods looking for flowers. Each time she picked one she thought that she could see an even more beautiful one a little way off, and she ran after it, going further and further into the woods. But the wolf ran straight to the grandmother's house and knocked on the door.
- Who's there? - asked the Grandmother
- Little Red Riding Hood. I'm bringing you some cake and wine.
- Come in, my dear - said the grandmother
The wolf pressed the latch, and the door opened. I have stepped inside, went straight to the grandmother's bed, and ate her up. Then he took her clothes, put them on, and put her cap on his head. I got into her bed and pulled the curtains shut. Little When Little Red Riding Hood arrived, she walked into the parlor, and everything looked so strange that she thought, Grandmother was lying there with her cap pulled down over her face and looking very strange.
- Oh, grandmother, what big ears you have!
- All the better to hear you with.
- Oh, grandmother, what big eyes you have!
- All the better to see you with.
- Oh, grandmother, what big hands you have!
- All the better to grab you with!
- Oh, grandmother, what a horribly big mouth you have!
- All the better to eat you with! With And with that I have jumped out of bed, jumped on top of poor Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her up. As soon as the wolf had finished this tasty bite, I climbed back into bed, fell asleep, and began to snore very loudly.
A huntsman was just passing by. I thought it was strange that the old woman was snoring so loudly, so I decided to take a look. I have stepped inside, and in the bed there was the wolf that had been hunting for such a long time. He - I have eaten the grandmother, but perhaps she still can be saved. I will not shoot him, ?? thought the huntsman.
So he took a pair of scissors and cut open his belly. Little Red Riding Hood and the grandmother came out alive. Then Little Red Riding Hood fetched some large heavy stones. They filled the wolf's belly with them, and when I woke up and tried to run away, the stones were so heavy that I fell down dead. The three of them were happy, and Little Red Riding Hood returned home happily and safely.