Children who are pooping again. Regressions in children
In the development of a child there are different basic skills that are essential to acquire in order to be autonomous in your life, however, this process does not have to be linear and sometimes, a setback in learning can appear such as eating, dressing alone, sleeping 8 hours all night or control
In the development of a child there are different basic skills that are essential to acquire in order to be autonomous in your life, however, this process does not have to be linear and sometimes, a setback in learning can appear such as eating, dressing alone, sleeping 8 hours all night or control pee or poop. In Guiainfantil.com we deal with this last case: nchildren who are pooping again again.
Reverses in children who are pooping again
In the case of poop control it is important to point out that a setback is not that you have forgotten everything you have acquired during this time, but it is a process that may take time to consolidate up to 6 years old Therefore, it is important that you do not trust yourself and even though you think that you have overcome being pooped and controlled, keep an eye and do not worry if it happens again.
Although there is not always an explanation for these setbacks and it is simply part of the learning process, in most cases it is more common to coincide when there is an important event in the child's life or stressful in some area related to any of the following areas:
- Personal: Growing up is not easy and having to overcome certain obstacles or concerns either. They often "want to be older" and then begin to realize that they did not feel as prepared as they believed and begin to be more aware of the responsibilities involved in growing up and are afraid to be autonomous and therefore prefer to return for a while to a stage in which they felt more sure of themselves.
- Familiar: Any family change can generate anguish, be it residency or alter your family routine as you know it (divorce, death, arrival of a brother ...). He often underestimates the impact he may have on his life because he is small, but that is why it is important to keep this in mind since he has less ability to understand concepts that are still abstract to him, such as death or divorce.
- College: Starting or moving to another school, having another teacher or other classmates are changes that can generate some nervousness in him. What can start with enthusiasm, can become a source of concern weeks later to see that his mother is not, has a different discipline than at home, has to interact with people he does not know, adapt to new standards or even lose the support of a partner who is no longer in class and who was fond of.
- Social: In the social field, the most common problems are those related to your friends or fights with a partner. In addition, they are also often influenced by comparisons with other classmates or their siblings by people around him or even himself. There are children who are so embarrassed to be pooped that they try to control the situation too much and do not go to the bathroom until it is too late.
What to do if the child returns to poop
Many times depending on how you act in this type of setbacks you will get them to overcome themselves or worsen the situation, so that is why it is convenient that you take good note of the advice that we propose to you Then:
- Do not obsess over the poop: In the end, this situation can help you to understand that not everything is reduced to pooping and that you do not feel so observed, so it is important not to be constantly asking him during meals. Your son tries to please you and if he sees that he does not succeed he will be even more frustrated. A relaxed atmosphere increases the odds so that you are calmer and solve the problem.
- Do not let yourself be carried away by your emotions: Moving your fears or your bad mood will not help your child, it will only generate in him more pressure and also in you, so the best thing is that you try to accept that they are part of the development and give him his space.
- Do not use negative reinforcement: Punishments or threats will not help you, but neither will you imitate or compare them. Instead, try to accompany him in that process by giving him your support.
- Do not reinforce their insecurity: It is a key moment for you to contribute self-confidence and work your self-esteem. Sooner or later they end up consolidating toilet training, so take the opportunity to celebrate each small advance and show that it can be improved day by day. No - Do not delay in the visit to the pediatrician:
It is very important to rule out health problems before initiating any other type of measure and not wait too long, so if you notice that you have more than three weeks, go to a specialist who can guide you in all this process and offer solutions tailored to the needs of the child.