The snack of today's children, is it healthier than years ago?
When 30, 40 or 50 years ago it was normal to snack on a sandwich, it seems that currently, the snacks that children take have changed considerably with respect to what their parents used to eat. What do today's children eat? Is the snack of today's children healthier than our childhood? We put to tr
When 30, 40 or 50 years ago it was normal to snack on a sandwich, it seems that currently, the snacks that children take have changed considerably with respect to what their parents used to eat. What do today's children eat? Is the snack of today's children healthier than our childhood?
We put to trial the snack of today's children
The snack of the children supposes a recharge of energy to continue the day, especially taking into account that it is in the afternoon when the children face their extracurricular activities -generally sports: soccer, basketball, dance ... - and their duties, tasks that require a psychic and physical effort.
According to a study carried out by El Caserío in collaboration with Aldeas Infantiles, "Snack habits":
- Children now consume many cookies, sweets and industrial pastries, which is far from what can be considered healthy. Además - In addition,
they accompany their snacks with milk and juice , when in fact the most important drink for the little ones is water.- However, not everything is negative, since bas more pieces of fruit consu are consumed in the snack than what was consumed years ago, but the sandwiches seem to have gone down in history, reducing to the half in the last 30 years.
- According to this study, and in spite of the importance of recovering strength in a healthy way after the school day, the number of children that snack is much lower than what it was 30 years ago , and not only that, but, In addition, the vast majority of children eat sitting in front of the television, which has a very negative effect on their habits, increasing the risk of obesity.
The ideal snack of the children Analyzing the nutritional contribution, a healthy snack can be a snack, avoiding the mold bread and using a healthy filling, but it can also be a dairy or a fruit, provided that the sugary dairy products are avoided and fruit juices, whether natural or packaged.It is important to choose bread as healthy as possible, preferably whole grain. Traditional bars are a good option, although they can be alternated with corn or wheat tortillas.
As fillings in the sandwiches of the youngest we can use:
- Tuna and boiled egg can be accompanied by tomato
- French omelette or potato Res - Remains of roasted chicken mixed with cheese
- Sausages of good quality, ham with tomato and oil is a very interesting option
- Cheese spread or fresh with smoked salmon or tomato
- Good quality york ham
- Cheese, fresh, cured or semi-cured, depending on the taste of the child
- Humus in any of its
varieties - Guacamole
Without forgetting that, when there is no time to prepare a good sandwich,
a handful of nuts, nuts, hazelnuts or almonds son, they are a much healthier alternative than industrial bakery.