Snot is a symptom of some disorder or illness of our baby that is really annoying. And it is that, still has not acquired enough skills to eliminate them. Parents should be alert to the first appearance of mucus to cleanse that excessive nasal discharge as soon as possible and prevent its accumulati
Snot is a symptom of some disorder or illness of our baby that is really annoying. And it is that, still has not acquired enough skills to eliminate them.
Parents should be alert to the first appearance of mucus to cleanse that excessive nasal discharge as soon as possible and prevent its accumulation in the nose or throat, as it could cause greater consequences.
Causes of snot in babies
Snot, both in childhood and adults are mainly caused by 5 conditions:
- Cry: when the baby cries, the lacrimal glands expel water until they overflow, this excess of water also floods the nasal passages and therefore produces a greater nasal discharge.-
Allergies : the rhinitis that usually suffer from allergic children cause sneezing and abundant mucus. It usually presents in the form of itching, nasal packing and dribbling.-
Virus : the common cold or the cold are accompanied by two types of mucus, nasals that lodge in the nose and phlegm that occurs in the respiratory system and lungs.-
Bacteria : mucus is a common symptom in some bacterial diseases such as bacterial sinusitis.-
Cold : the increase of nasal secretion in cold seasons occurs because the body is trying to heat the air, for this the humidity increases, the blood vessels expand and cause it to drip.Consequences of mucus in the baby
Excessive accumulation of mucus in the upper airways or in the respiratory system can complicate an existing disease or a simple common cold.
If our baby is coughing up and we do not wash his nose well, the mucus could accumulate and produce other disorders such as otitis, conjunctivitis or bronchiolitis.
Therefore, one of the recommendations that pediatricians make to parents is to perform nasal washes in the presence of snot.
How to get rid of the baby's mucus
The most effective method to eliminate the baby's mucus is seawater, a treatment considered very effective because:
- It is the best method to decongest the nose in babies and children.
- It is considered a natural bactericide, it is able to eliminate bacteria considered bad for the body.
- It has an antiallergic action, it reduces the irritation of the nasal tissues and also rehydrates them.
- Reinforces the natural immunity of the body as it drags secretions and removes mucus.