Beneficial activities for children with high abilities
It is an obvious fact that looking for activities that stimulate and meet the learning, knowledge and fun needs of children with high abilities is not easy. The fundamental thing when looking for activities that meet the needs of children with high abilities es is that they participate actively in t
It is an obvious fact that looking for activities that stimulate and meet the learning, knowledge and fun needs of children with high abilities is not easy.
The fundamental thing when looking for activities that meet the needs of children with high abilities es is that they participate actively in the choice of such activities.Children with high abilities
Many parents are responsible for choosing the activities of their children with high abilities themselves without involving them in these decisions, and this often means that children do not feel motivated or interested in carrying out the activity that their parents have chosen for them.
It is important that the activities we seek for our children are in tune with what motivates them, worries them or interests them.
children with high abilities are usually bored when they perform monotonous and repetitive activities , so we must try to put at their disposal new, creative, original and entertaining tasks. In addition, it is ideal that children with high abilities can develop in open and flexible environments to be able to carry out their creativity and imagination without great difficulties or impediments.We must help children with high abilities to find an activity that is a challenge for them and generates great satisfaction. Here is a list of possible activities that may be of interest to children with high abilities:
What activities may interest a child with high abilities?
- Make a painting or a sculpture by themselves.
- Study photography to be able to take pictures in a professional and creative way.
- Take a course or workshop on creative writing.
- Learn to cook and go up the difficulty level of cooking recipes.
- Compose a song.
- Learn to play a musical instrument.
- Attend theater, dance or body language classes.
- Make excursions to museums, oceanographic, observatories, archaeological sites, natural places to discover and learn about flora and fauna, etc.
- Practice a sport that is of interest to you.
- Participate in chess tournaments.
- Allow the child to perform scientific experiments at home that pose no danger. Fa - Encourage him to carry out a project of his own, if he has one, and try to offer him the necessary tools so that he can carry it out.
- Attend extracurricular programming and / or robotics workshops or activities.
- Participate in drawing competitions, poetry, photography, math, chess, etc.
Children with high abilities feel a great curiosity and concern for the world they are part of
. They need, perhaps more than other children of the same age, a great stimulation to avoid boredom and demotivation.
Therefore, as far as possible, it is recommended that fathers and mothers of children with high abilities build up patience to negotiate with their children and be as flexible as possible, within limits, to encourage children to be able to Unleash their high capabilities and allow them to reach the best version of themselves.