The education of children is becoming an increasingly complex task at the family and social level. Within the family nucleus there are many fathers and mothers who come from times where the educational tendency has been an authoritarian style. Others come from times where the trend is the opposite a
The education of children is becoming an increasingly complex task at the family and social level. Within the family nucleus there are many fathers and mothers who come from times where the educational tendency has been an authoritarian style. Others come from times where the trend is the opposite and where the priority has been the child and his desires. So, where is the balance? The AEIOU method to educate children proposes a way of acting for parents and thus to achieve it.
The errors of authoritarian education
Many parents today repeat the style that their parents used with them because of their conviction that it works; with them he did. The challenge for parents who use this method is to exercise positive authority in their children so that they grow up to be happy and confident. The problem is that seeking authority often causes the opposite effect: unsafe children, children with low self-esteem, little emotional intelligence, children who make bad decisions and lack of social skills.
This happens because by using this method the emotional needs of the little ones are being left aside. This means that adults do not know how to put themselves at the level of their children to be able to talk or have a conversation whose consequence is that the negotiation is left aside and children's education focuses on the imposition of norms.
The errors of permissive education
The permissive method arises around the decade of the 90s and as a counterpoint to the authoritarian. In addition, it is also usually carried out by parents who are very busy and the guilt of not being able to spend time with their children overwhelms them and they want to compensate in some way.
It is clear that this method does not achieve good results in relation to the education of the children, but quite the opposite. Being permissive with children makes children impulsive and intolerant in addition to being capricious, unhappy and tyrants.
What is the AEIOU method for educating children
The communicative relationship between parents and children is very important for the positive education necessary for the good evolutionary development of the children and that they learn the necessary skills to move in the world.
Coach Samanta Biosca proposes the AEIOU method to educate children, where the way parents act in front of their children is explained in order to achieve it. Each letter represents a concept that we must apply. In this way:
- A: Learn to listen. This means that parents have to listen to what the child has to say by putting all the senses into operation. That is, see, hear, feel, etc. Looking at non-verbal language is important. In addition, parents must listen to the child without prejudging.
- E: Exemplify. Children learn by imitation for what parents have to educate from the example.
- I: Be informed. When parents have doubts they have to look for information to find answers. It is important that they always rely on the advice of professionals and know well where to look.
- OR: Sort. Children must lead an orderly life. For this, it is important that clear rules and limits are set and complied with.
- U: Unify. Parents must follow the same methodological line for the education of their children since both are responsible. They must also be consistent with the choice of the school since it must follow the same path so as not to create incongruities