If you are pregnant and you have doubts about which type of food is the most complete for you and for the correct development of the baby, here are a few ideas about the nutrients that you have to introduce into your diet and in what foods you can find them. Finding the right balance between a healt
If you are pregnant and you have doubts about which type of food is the most complete for you and for the correct development of the baby, here are a few ideas about the nutrients that you have to introduce into your diet and in what foods you can find them. Finding the right balance between a healthy diet and the right weight gain is possible. You will try to acquire the habit, from the first trimester of pregnancy, of eating a healthy diet and continue with it throughout the pregnancy.
Nutrient-rich foods for pregnant women
The human body needs the nutrients to stay healthy and gets them from different foods. Since pregnancy is a special time in which a woman has to pay special attention to her health, it is important that you include foods that contain nutrients in the diet.
The nutrients are divided into five groups: proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals.To ensure the necessary nutrients in your healthy diet of pregnant women, you must include foods that belong to these groups:
- Proteins: serve so that the body can maintain and repair itself. You will find them in lean meats, poultry meats, fish, seafood, vegetables, eggs and nuts.
- Carbohydrates: are the main source of energy of the human body. The most recommended for pregnant women are present in pasta, rice, crackers, cereals, wholemeal bread, chickpeas, cherries or strawberries.
- Fats: A pregnant woman needs fatty acids, throughout pregnancy, as they are essential for the growth of the fetus. You can find them especially in blue fish, nuts or olive oil.
- Vitamins: probably the gynecologist will have prescribed a multivitamin supplement to ensure the contribution throughout the pregnancy and that you can ensure a healthy diet. However, you can help including in your diet folic acid (vitamin B) present in green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, bananas and bread. Fruits, rich in vitamins, should be a mainstay of your diet, consume between 2 and 4 pieces a day. And, just by going outdoors, you'll get vitamin D, since we get it from sunlight.
- Minerals: iron, iodine, zinc, magnesium and potassium are minerals recommended during pregnancy. You will wonder where to find them. Red meats, legumes and nuts are rich in iron, iodine is obtained from salt, prawns or sardines, zinc is present in seafood and calcium in dairy products.
A healthy menu for pregnant women
An example of a healthy diet for pregnant women could be:
- Breakfast: a natural orange juice, a toast with oil, a bowl of milk with strawberries and cereals
- Midmorning : an apple and a yogurt
- Food: lentils with spreads, white fish papillote (in the oven wrapped in silver foil onion, tomato, salt and oil) and melon
- At mid afternoon: a sandwich low-fat cheese with a slice of tomato, olive oil and oregano and a piece of fruit
- Dinner: a salad, grilled chicken and grapes
In addition, throughout the day you will have to drink water to be hydrated, It is recommended to consume at least 2 liters in pregnancy, you can in any case, take juices to get the necessary fluids to get a healthy diet during pregnancy.