Excessive consumption of proteins, carbohydrates and fats can have serious problems for the health of our children, as well as a deficient consumption of them. Obviously, this does not happen from one day to the next but is the consequence of a bad eating habit. These are the effects of poor diet on
Excessive consumption of proteins, carbohydrates and fats can have serious problems for the health of our children, as well as a deficient consumption of them.
Obviously, this does not happen from one day to the next but is the consequence of a bad eating habit. These are the effects of poor diet on children's health.
Deficit or excess of proteins in children's health
Proteins are necessary for muscle growth, since they are needed for the formation of muscle fibers, therefore, they are extraordinarily necessary in children's diet, however, an abuse or shortage can bring serious consequences affecting child health:
Child health problems related to excess protein:
- Foods with high protein load are often accompanied by fat, therefore they represent a shortcut to obesity.
- A bad diet happens through an excessive consumption of proteins that produces an overload in the organism. In particular, the kidneys and the liver are the most affected, as they are responsible for eliminating the waste substances that are generated after the metabolism of proteins. For example, the generation of compounds derived from excess ammonia can cause fatigue and headaches, and sometimes even nausea, especially in children, since their body has less capacity to get rid of waste.
- The kidneys are also responsible for debugging calcium, which is also eliminated along with the waste. This calcium stays accumulated and can form kidney stones, commonly known as kidney stones. En - In a similar line, the excessive consumption of proteins negatively affects the assimilation of minerals, even when they are supplied in sufficient quantities in the diet, so that deficit symptoms may appear in some of them.
Child health problems related to protein deficiency:
- Cachexia is a disease caused by protein deficiency, whose symptoms include exhaustion and atrophy of muscles, fatigue, apathy and weakness, and, in addition, difficulty in metabolize the few proteins that are consumed.
Deficit or excess of carbohydrates in children's health
Child health problems related to excess carbohydrates:
- Excess carbohydrates are usually manifested in the organs that participate in your metabolism. In addition to obesity, as a result of the excess of any macronutrient, excess carbohydrates may have a direct relationship with the onset of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Caries is another consequence of excess carbohydrates, especially simple ones. In addition, mood swings, hyperactivity and difficulty concentrating can be observed.
Child health problems related to the carbohydrate defect La - The shortage of carbohydrates is manifested, on the contrary, with fatigue, lack of appetite and lack of energy, although most symptoms related to macronutrient deficiency do not manifest until Malnutrition is evident.
Deficit and excess of fats in children's health
With regard to fats, a diet with excess fats leads the child to be overweight, with all the consequences that it has.
On the other hand, the fat deficit in poor infant feeding is usually related to vitamin deficiencies-vitamins A, D, E, and K-and to depressive symptoms such as irritability, apathy, and lack of concentration.