Long trips by car are very heavy for the whole family, but especially for children. To avoid getting tired, or stop asking when we arrive or start fighting among themselves out of sheer boredom, it is necessary to sharpen the wit to entertain them. There are some games to travel with children by car
Long trips by car are very heavy for the whole family, but especially for children. To avoid getting tired, or stop asking when we arrive or start fighting among themselves out of sheer boredom, it is necessary to sharpen the wit to entertain them. There are some games to travel with children by car, very fun, that can entertain the journey of both children and adults:
Children's games against boredom on car trips
1. Chained words. Is to say a first word and go chaining the next one forming a new one with the last syllable of the previous word. This game helps children expand their vocabulary, while awakening their imagination.
2. Simon says. A fun classic for children. Someone plays the role of Simón and will be the one to give orders to the rest. Every time he says: 'Simon says ...' you have to obey but if you give an order without saying before 'Simon says' you do not have to fulfill it and whoever does it loses. For example: 'Simon says you have to stick your tongue out' and everyone sticks out his tongue, but if he says 'Touch his hair', you should not do it because he missed saying 'Simon says touch his hair'.
3. Sing familiar songs or teach new ones. As the saying goes, "he who sings his evils scares" and nothing better to scare the boredom than sing the whole repertoire of songs we know and give the opportunity to teach others a new one.
4. Identify songs. It consists of humming a melody of a song until someone manages to guess it.
5. Role-Play. Assign roles to children in a situation. In a hypermarket: dependent, customer. At the train station. At home ...
6. Neither black nor white.The number of players is unlimited. One of the players is the one who asks the questions to the participants who must answer quickly without saying yes, no, white or black. The only one who can say these words is the one who asks the questions and if the respondent does, he loses.
7. Play the Veo, I see. It is the classic game of entertainment through observation. It consists of saying the first letter of the object that the player is watching at that moment. The rest of the players must guess the word, they can give clues if allowed, and the winner is the player who gets to guess the word.
8. Count cars. It consists of establishing a parameter to count cars either by colors, either by brands or by models, for example. In addition to the cars you can count any other element of the landscape that you want.
9. Association of ideas. To play this game we start with a word and then think of others that come to mind related to the word. For example, College: student, class, subject, teacher, grades, evaluations ...
10. Change stories. A game to give free rein to the imagination that consists of telling a story and changing one of the characters, the title, the development or the end.
11. Play a speaker. Each participant chooses a color and must add how many cars look that color. The one that adds 10 vehicles faster, wins. You can also do the same game with car models or brands and when you get to 10, the driver should honk.
12. Invent stories. Another idea to transport the mind to other worlds during travel is to invent stories in parts. Each member of the family invents a part.
13. Words that begin with ... The game is based on giving a time to think words that begin with a certain letter.
14. The fatal vowel. One player whispers another word to the ear. To explain to others what the word is, you must use others with the same vowel. You can describe the word for others to guess, but using the only vowel chosen. And if the fortune-tellers want to ask questions, they can only use the same vowel to formulate them.
15. Tongue twisters An always fun game that consists in not getting stuck with the tongue twister, that is, saying in the shortest possible time a complicated sentence with numerous similar phonemes.
16. Riddles. Solve riddles and riddles is a very educational game, because it helps children to think. The one who gives up loses.