With 'Hugo's wheels' , children will realize that growing means overcoming challenges. And that the challenges imply effort and perseverance. Only with a little courage and courage will they overcome their fears and conquer new achievements. Many children are afraid of tripping or making mistakes. B
With 'Hugo's wheels', children will realize that growing means overcoming challenges. And that the challenges imply effort and perseverance. Only with a little courage and courage will they overcome their fears and conquer new achievements.
Many children are afraid of tripping or making mistakes. But those fears can be overcome. They only need a little more confidence in themselves and the certainty that they will be able to overcome everything they set out to do.
Children's effort and courage are necessary ingredients in their learning
Hugo was already older. Or he felt that way, very old. That's why he did not understand that his parents did not want to buy him a real bicycle. Not a tricycle like the one he had, but a real cyclist bicycle with which to become one of the Tour de France champions. He insisted so much and so much he wished, that finally, on his birthday, his parents gave him a beautiful bicycle.
- I love it! Do we go down to the park to try it? Lo But what Hugo did not know is that riding a bicycle was much more complicated than he had thought. AND PUMBA! Hugo hit such a smack
that he even broke a tooth menos (thank goodness it was a baby tooth, which was about to fall). After that fall, Hugo did not want to know anything about the bicycle. That machine was devilish and horrible and the cyclists of the Tour de France crazy people who risked their lives in that dangerous device. Until one day, Dad came home with a new gift: some wheels for the bike
. Hugo tried out that new invention with fear and saw with joy that he could now pedal without losing his balance. Since then, he went everywhere with her: to buy bread (even if the bakery was around the corner), to school (even if the school was at the end of his street) and, above all, to the park, where many children were already on bicycles without rollers. Of course, they were faster than him ... - Hugo, are you sure you do not want to try again without wheels? - his mother asked him one day when he saw him watching the rest of the children so seriously.- No! I'm very good like that. I wait for you below, Mom. Al And as he said it, Hugo dropped down the slope. What did you want to ride a normal bike for?
He did not want to lose his balance and hurt himself.
In addition, he could also go very fast and win the Tour with his wheels. To prove it, Hugo started pedaling so hard that he felt the wind ruffle his fringe that peeked through his phosphorite helmet. It was an incredible feeling! So well did he feel, that he inadvertently closed his eyes for a moment and let himself be carried away, until a sharp little cry surprised him so much that he nearly collided with a tree. But when trying to avoid it, it fell noisily to the ground. Se Hugo realizes that to overcome a challenge, we must try
A bunch of squirrels with the face of bad fleas were staring at him.
- Wild! You almost hit one of our teammates. Hugo could not believe what he was seeing: Una A squirrel talking to him! - Well, he's just a little boy. Fix yourself, if you even have wheels on your bike!
That comment bothered Hugo a lot. If he was older! And besides, what would those impertinent bicycle squirrels know?
- Yes, I have wheels, but that's how I do not fall.
- But you will not think to win any race with those tiny wheels, right? Also, who said you can not fall with them?
If you just fell! - another squirrel laughed loudly. Hugo was thoughtful for a moment, so embarrassed, that the gray squirrel again felt sorry for him.
If so much embarrassment gives you
to go with rollers, why do not you take them off?
- Because without them I can not ride. I fall all the time and I do not like it. - Sure, nobody likes to fall, but sometimes there's no choice. Look at us. We climb trees, jump from branch to branch and rarely fall. But it was not always like that. When we were small and inexperienced we fell all the time. But we do not throw in the towel. If we had done it ... now we could only climb into the bushes. What a roll! Hugo realized that those squirrels were right. As much as he was afraid of falling back,he had to learn to ride a bicycle
(especially if he wanted to be the winner of the Tour). And in those thoughts Hugo was walking when the squirrels, very nervous, began to run and climb to the top of the trees.
At that moment, Hugo discovered that his mother was coming. - Hugo, are you okay? Who were you talking to? To the point was the little one to tell him that with the squirrels, but then he thought for a moment. Would Mama believe him if he told her? After all ... the elders never believed those things! So instead of explaining what had happened, he said simply:
- Hey Mom ... do you think that
Dad will want to take off my wheels?
María Bautista and Raquel Blazquez Writer and illustrator