Overprotection would be the worst of parental behaviors. It not only cancels the independence and autonomy of the child. Also all his hopes to consolidate a strong personality, without fears or insecurities. Something fundamental in a leader. 7 paternal behaviors that prevent the child from becoming
Overprotection would be the worst of parental behaviors. It not only cancels the independence and autonomy of the child. Also all his hopes to consolidate a strong personality, without fears or insecurities. Something fundamental in a leader.
7 paternal behaviors that prevent the child from becoming a leader
Tim Elmore , president of the FoundationGrowing leaders ha, has gathered up to 7 parent behaviors that are negative for children. Here you have them: 1. Do not let the child experience the risk.Parents are afraid that our child may hurt themselves. That is why we try to keep him away from any situation that may pose a risk to him. However, a leader must be able to face without fear of a risk situation. If you never knew how small it feels to face a dangerous situation, you will not be able to cope with it, and fear will overcome you.
2. Help your son in everything. Parents tend to help the children in everything. We do not even let them try to overcome them alone an obstacle. To make the path easier, we give them our hands, we lift them when they fall ... How will they overcome a fall when they are older? How will you learn to solve your problems on your own?
3. Praise your child constantly. If everything your child receives is positive praise and reinforcement, you will end up believing that there is nothing to improve. You can always improve. If you lose interest in being better, you will not want to try. When real life shows you that it is not as good as you thought, frustration will come. It may be that the older one is a prepotent or a defeatist young man. Pr 4. Reward her even if she does not deserve the prize.
Positive reinforcements and awards are useful in their proper measure. When the child is constantly rewarded, he stops valuing the prize. It is no longer good. He will not try. Total, if they are going to reward him equally ... Material gifts prevent them from seeing the essence of what really matters. 5. Never tell him about your past mistakes.
The best lesson is the example. If you never talk about the things you did wrong, your child will not know that action or behavior should be avoided. Explain, with your experience, what you should avoid. Although then it is he who stumbles to learn from his own fall. 6. Never do what you say.
Be consistent with your actions. Parents should set an example. If you promise something, you must fulfill it. If you say something, you should act accordingly. Do not be incongruous. T 7. Treat him as an adult when he is still a child. Do not confuse intelligence with maturity. Your child may be very smart, but he may not be ready for the adult world.
How to help the child to be a leader and not a follower For your child to be an adult with a strong personality and leadership skills in the future, you should not forget these tips: Conf 1. Trust him. Let him try, fall and try again. Have faith in him.
2. Offer challenges. Let him face the obstacles and overcome them by his own foot. 3. Never let yourself be won. Let him know that he does not always win. You will learn that the feeling of defeat is useful to grow and overcome challenges.
4. Instill solid values. The values are the foundations so that in the future he knows how to make decisions correctly. It instills in him from small values like sincerity, loyalty, empathy or friendship. Da 5. Give him a reward ... when he deserves it. Let them earn it with effort.
6. Listen to their opinions. You will help him create his own value judgments.
7. Let her choose. You will contribute to her knowing what she wants and what she does not want in life.