Children should and can help with household chores from an early age. Since they are just two years old, they begin to show interest in helping with domestic tasks because they feel they have the capacity to do so. It is possible that their help is more an intention than something fruitful but it is
Children should and can help with household chores from an early age. Since they are just two years old, they begin to show interest in helping with domestic tasks because they feel they have the capacity to do so.
It is possible that their help is more an intention than something fruitful but it is essential to take advantage of this innate motivation to help and empower it so that the child gets used to seeing and understanding that household chores are everyone's business.
How to increase responsibility in children
In addition, that the little ones of the house get involved in domestic tasks will help them to have a greater responsibility at home and in their life as they grow up, so the next time think that it is better to do the tasks when your child is sleeping ... of that nothing! It is better that you arm yourself with patience and in some things collaborate because you can do it.
But do you want to know in what kind of tasks you can collaborate according to your child's age? You should have a paper at home as you grow and then I give you a guide so you know what it is you can collaborate (and that is adding to the age they are reaching).
How two- and three-year-olds can collaborate at home:
- Collect toys from their room and place it in their trunk in a simple and fun way. In this initial work it is advisable that you always do it with you because you 'help' it to collect.
- Put diapers in the trash or dirty clothes in the basket. Help to separate the socks.
- Feed a pet. Watering plants.
- Dressing alone. Go to the bathroom alone
- Remove your plate from the table and leave it in the kitchen.
How four- and five-year-olds can work together at home:
- Help set up and remove the table. Help you in the kitchen with easy tasks.
- Help you make your bed and pick up your room.
- Help you fold towels.
- Help in the domestic purchase and place things in their place.
How 6 and 7 year olds can collaborate at home:
- Collect their toys without help. Have the room tidy
- Water the plants.
- Fold socks.
- Help you rinse the dishes.
How can children from 8 to 10 years old collaborate at home:
- Wash the dishes.
- Change the sheets and make your bed alone.
- Clean (sweep, dust, keep your room tidy, etc.)
How can children from 10 to 12 years old collaborate at home:
- Put the washing machine on.
- Make simple dishes in the kitchen.
- Clean without supervision.
- Take out the garbage.
Remember that if the task assigned to you is very difficult for your age, it is more likely that you will be frustrated, not finish it and find it difficult to collaborate on other occasions. For this reason it is essential that you adjust your demands to your years and ability to do it. Also if you do not do it just as perfect as you do not matter, because you have to give value to your effort and teach it to do better for the next time.