The fox and the camel. African legend for children
Legends pass from generation to generation and help keep the culture of a country or region alive. The legends also transmit values and tell incredible stories. In this case, the legend of the fox and the camel may well be a fable. It is native to South Sudan, and serves to warn children of the im
Legends pass from generation to generation and help keep the culture of a country or region alive. The legends also transmit values and tell incredible stories.
In this case, the legend of the fox and the camel may well be a fable. It is native to South Sudan, and serves to warn children of the importance of measuring each of our actions.
The fox and the camel. Legend of Sudan for children
Awan was a very clever fox who loved lizards. He had already eaten all of them on one side of the river but he knew that on the other side there were a lot of lizards. The problem is that Awan did not know how to swim. After thinking a lot, he found the solution. He went to his friend Zorol, who was a camel, and said:
- "Hi Zorol, I know where there is a huge field, and as I know that barley drives you crazy, I wanted to show you the way if you take me on"
- " Come on, go up "- Zorol answered without thinking twice.
Awan climbed on top of Zorol and set off. Awan told him to cross the river to reach the field full of barley. As soon as they crossed over to the other side, Awan showed the field to his friend and ran to look for lizards. Since Awan's body was small, he was soon satisfied with eating lizards. He ran to the field where Zorol was and started to run and scream like crazy.
The owners of the camp, who had their house nearby, heard the shouting of the fox. Alarmed, they took stones and sticks and went in search of the fox. When they reached the field they discovered Zorol, the camel, who was quietly enjoying the barley. They gave him a tremendous beating and thinking he was dead they left.
Awan returned and when he saw Zorol on the ground he said:
- "Hey, Zorol, it's getting dark, let's go home"
- "Why did you do that? Why have you shouted like a madman? They almost killed me because of you. "
- "I have the habit of running and screaming after eating lizards" - Awan answered.
- "Is that it? Very good we go home "- said Zorol.
Awan climbed back on the camel's aching body. Zorol got into the river and started crossing. When he was in the middle of the Zorol River he began to dance. Awan, in panic shouted:
- "What are you doing Zorol ?, Do not do that, do not swim!"
- "It is that I have the habit of dancing after eating barley" - Zorol answered.
Awan fell into the water and was blown away. Zorol crossed the river without problems. In this way the fox received a good lesson.