When putting the name of the baby, parents can get ideas of the most unexpected places. Mythology is one of those worlds to which you can go in search of names for original and meaningful children. That is why we have compiled a list with 10 names of mythological gods . Because the names of gods, he
When putting the name of the baby, parents can get ideas of the most unexpected places. Mythology is one of those worlds to which you can go in search of names for original and meaningful children.
That is why we have compiled a list with 10 names of mythological gods. Because the names of gods, heroes or mythological characters come loaded with a special force, this list is the ideal place to find the name of your baby.
10 mythological names for children
1. Zeus. This name of Greek origin and with a variety of meanings that can be summarized as "god", is one of the names with the most personality for children. The power of the father of the Greek gods will be transferred directly to your child, filling him with charisma.
2. Hector. The name is of Greek origin and belongs to a mythical character, a Trojan prince who stood out for his courage and values. Despite its long tradition, it is considered a modern name and comes loaded with elegance and distinction.
3. Ulysses. Despite being the name of a well-known Greek hero, the name is of Latin origin, variant of Odysseus. It is the most famous hero of all times whose adventures in the Trojan War and in his 10 years of return to Ithaca are well known.
4. Castor. This name of Greek origin belongs to a very particular mythological character. Twin of Pollux and both brothers of Helen of Troy, they were granted a kind of immortality turning them into stars. Neither more nor less than the Gemini constellation.
5. Jason. It is a name of Greek origin that has been transmitted to us through one of the Greek heroes, Jason, known for his expedition with the Argonauts in search of the golden fleece. A name that has become popular especially in English speaking countries.
6. Odin. It is a name of Scandinavian origin and represents the main god in Norse mythology. The name gives off a mysterious and powerful energy that will be transmitted to the personality of your child.
7. Janus. This name of Latin origin is the one that carried the god of the beginnings and the end in ancient Rome. He was consecrated the first month of the year, January, which in Latin was Ianuarius. A name that has the forcefulness of short names and that may be perfect for your child.
8. Alejandro. It is a name of Greek origin that has been popularized from a historical character. But this frequent name was before the name of one of the best-known mythological characters, Paris Alexander, the Trojan prince mistress of Helena.
9. Adonis. Although it is a name of Semitic origin, we know it through Greek mythology in the figure of a young man so attractive that Aphrodite herself fell in love with him. The name maintains its fresh and original touch despite having a long tradition.
10. Hermes. It is a name of Greek origin known since Mycenaean times. It belongs to the messenger god invoked by merchants. By representing itself as a figure with wings, the name conveys a great wit and charisma.