10 Common characteristics of parents with successful children
Can successful children be educated? There is no recipe that guarantees 100%, however, parents can help our children achieve their goals and become brilliant adults, at least is what psychology says. According to experts, children who stand out above others, those who tend to do well what they propo
Can successful children be educated? There is no recipe that guarantees 100%, however, parents can help our children achieve their goals and become brilliant adults, at least is what psychology says.
According to experts, children who stand out above others, those who tend to do well what they propose have parents who are cut by the same pattern. In Guiainfantil.com we tell you what things you can do to collaborate in the success of your children.
How parents are successful children
1. Do not do their children's tasks: children must learn that in order for the work to be done, they must get down to work. The children who collaborate in the housework, those who learn to do them and carry them out, try harder, struggle to achieve their goals and are more empathetic because they know what it costs to do things.
2. They teach their children social skills: the ability to socialize, to be useful to others, to understand feelings, to empathize and cooperate with their peers, are more likely to get a university degree and have a stable job in the future than those who have more limited social skills. Tienen 3. They have high expectations in their children:
What parents expect about children has an impact on them. It is the Pygmalion effect, that is, what one person expects from another person can serve to guide them and predict their future. If we believe in our children and let them know, they will feel more motivated to achieve their goals. Son 4. They are parents with high educational levels: Studies show that the children of parents who have finished high school or college are more likely to have children who do the same. Est 5. Encourage your children to learn mathematics
: NorthWestern University research Greg Duncan says that early mathematics teaching is an advantage for children because mastery of mathematical skills helps to acquire countless skills , including reading. No 6. They are not overprotective: Hyper-parenting or overprotection is counterproductive and does not help the child develop his or her own skills and abilities to cope with the challenges of life.
7. They stimulate the bond with their children:Psychologists explain that parents who care for their children with sensitivity care and security help them to have healthier and longer lasting relationships.
8. They are not too stressed: the stress of the parents affects the children and also produces a contagious effect. That stress, frustration or exhaustion of the parents can be imitated and acquired by the children preventing them from being happier.
9. They do not collapse in the face of failure: Parents of children who will be more successful assume mistakes and understand them as a challenge to grow and do better at other times. They do not exercise victimhood, they are resisters and fighters. Las 10. Mothers work:
According to the Harvard Business School, children who grow up with mothers who work outside the home are more likely to have supervisory jobs and earn 23% more than their peers raised by housewives. . Source