When to take children to the emergency doctor
Respiratory and digestive diseases lead the ranking of visits of children to the emergency service of hospitals. The parents are generally alarmed when the child or the baby has a fever, a lot of cough, diarrhea or vomiting, but these symptoms do not always justify going to the emergency rooms of ho
Respiratory and digestive diseases lead the ranking of visits of children to the emergency service of hospitals. The parents are generally alarmed when the child or the baby has a fever, a lot of cough, diarrhea or vomiting, but these symptoms do not always justify going to the emergency rooms of hospitals. Then, when to take the children to the emergency doctor. Guiainfantil.com tells us about it.
Reasons to go to the Emergency Room with the children
The reasons why we should take children between one and six years to the Emergency are not isolated symptoms, that is, cough, fever, vomiting or diarrhea, but what should To be alarmed is the general state of the child. The pediatricians indicate that it is more worrisome and requires urgent attention a child with no fever, than a feverish child who is calm.
1. Symptoms of poisoning
2. Diarrhea or vomiting with blood (hematemesis)
3. Difficulty breathing in children
4. Circulatory alterations detected in the child's skin, such as cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin) or pallor .
5. Allergies with edema or swelling of the face. Sometimes they are associated with respiratory difficulty
6. Open wounds requiring stitches
7. Cranioencephalic trauma (severe blows to the head) in children under 2 years of age with or without loss of consciousness
8. Deep decay in the child or behavior abnormally irritable without comfort by their parents F 9. Fevers with sharp rashes on the child's skin or rashes
10. Trauma on legs or arms that are in pain and require immobilization
Children's fever: when to go to the emergency room with children
Fever is not a disease, it is a symptom of a disease. It is considered that there is fever when the temperature taken under the arm is greater than 37.5 ºC or 38 ºC if we take the temperature rectally. When the fever of the baby or the child is prolonged, we must go to the Emergency Department in the following cases: Siempre 1. Whenever the baby has a fever and is less than 3 months
2. When the child is feverish more than 72 hours
3. Whenever fever produces rash or petechiae (pimples or spots) on the child's skin
4. When the child with fever is irritable or not very consolvable
5. Whenever the child has a fever and respiratory distress
6. When the fever is together with clear urinary symptoms
7. Whenever the child or baby has a fever and a great decay
8. When the child has a bad general appearance, bad skin color (cyanosis, bluish discoloration) and mucous membranes
Marisol New .