When they feel they are not receiving enough attention. When the child demands our attention, he will not always do it in a kind way because when he does it is not reinforced in an appropriate way, that is, he does not act. Then, he will use other ways to be noticed in which he is treated in a 'spec
when they feel they are not receiving enough attention. When the child demands our attention, he will not always do it in a kind way because when he does it is not reinforced in an appropriate way, that is, he does not act. Then, he will use other ways to be noticed
in which he is treated in a 'special way'. Why there are children who call attention with bad behavior - There are children who will behave badly
looking for a response from their parents
, even if this is a scolding because, thus, the adults will leave everything they are doing at that moment to focus on him. Otras - Other times they will use these wake-up calls when they discover that with 'negative' behavior they can handle and blackmail their parents. In this way they manipulate their family with expressions like 'if I behave well then ...' if you do not do this then I will behave badly. '
- Although it is less frequent, there are times when children not only want attention, but In addition, they want it alland exclusively, especially when another member of the family has arrived
How the children draw attention Within this type of behaviors to attract attention we find: -
Crying. his sobbing expresses what he is unable to say in words, it is a form of language, the fact that it is so distressing is not something casual: nature has done so to awaken in those who hear it the need to go.
Shouting and screaming There are children who only get to listen to him, when they make mischief or their behavior is inadequate Many times when the children call their parents in an appropriate way they are not taken care of Until they shout or chi They do not take them into account. -
The tantrums. Calls for attention linked to acts of rebellion begin to gain importance around 2 years. For example, in a child who is already fatigued. The child has repeatedly said that he wants to go home, that he is tired and that his request made in an adequate manner is not attended to by the parents. Finally, they only take it into account if it explodes in a tantrum or disproportionate protest. -
Jealousy and rivalry between brothers. Inappropriate behavior appears when the parents are focused on one of the siblings (usually the smallest one) and behaving badly gets diverted attention from their parents and return to be the center, even to win a rebuke. -
Backward movement in development. In his early years, the child feels many things that he is not able to express in words. That's why you can sometimes express your dissatisfaction, discomfort or incomprehension through actions 5 tips to stop children's calls for attention
1. Parents should consider whether the child is adequately cared for and be given the enough attention
2. Pay special attention when the child behaves appropriately.
3. That parents are interested in the affairs of their children. Take an interest in what they are doing, get involved in what they are asked for and praise and congratulate when they deserve it
4. Find a time of shared play with children
5. Ignore inappropriate behavior , whenever possible, from so they see that they are served much more when they act appropriately