The fact that there are children who do not want to go to school is normal. We can say that a large proportion of children have a hard time facing the routine of school. For children, the change from being home to attending school is very important. They feel older, and even more, they notice that f
The fact that there are children who do not want to go to school is normal. We can say that a large proportion of children have a hard time facing the routine of school.
For children, the change from being home to attending school is very important. They feel older, and even more, they notice that for us they are no longer the babies we had to protect at all times. This may be one of the reasons why the child is reluctant to attend school and shows fear. What we know as the Peter Pan syndrome: the child does not want to get older.
When the child does not want to go to school
The fear of children at school, especially at an early age, comes from several causes:
- Losing the series of privileges that the child had for being a baby is not easy for children . But, if this is the case, it is very easy to solve. The only thing we have to do is to see that being older is not a bad thing, but it has many advantages. If the child does not understand it, it will be enough to treat him like a baby in everything during a weekend. The child will be willing to continue growing and doing the things that he really likes now. El - Attachment is something very good for humans. Children obviously need their parents, but it is very important that they learn that they must live part of their lives themselves. Your parents will be there once the school day is over.
What to do if the child is afraid of going to school
- The daycare is a good option for children who are not used to dealing with other children. The attention they receive is much greater than in school and also the schedule of activities is more flexible. With what nurseries is a good place for the child to get used to.
- If we have not been able to take him to the nursery, we have to take it patiently because the adaptation period may last for a while.
- To help you, we must expand the activities that go alone, but always that are attractive to the child.
- It is very important that
we never give in to their blackmail , since it will be a step backwards and we will complicate the situation even more. Normally the children understand it but at the moment of being alone they do not reason. Although it seems a horrible situation. The truth is that once they are in school, the child does it and even enjoys it. The worst moment is when it arrives.- If you have had a bad experience at school and do not want to go, it is very important to talk to the teacher as soon as possible. Only she can give us a point of view that we will never have otherwise. The work has to be joint to get to know the reasons that are producing it, and thus be able to attack the root of the problem.
- If the child does not want to go to school after the holidays, you have to be understanding, it is very normal. After having spent a season with a change of routine, it is hard for anyone to return to work. It usually goes in the person and unfortunately the one that costs him the return of vacations of boy, also will cost to him of adult. We must be strong and endure as in a couple of weeks the child will be what he was.