The most popular names in Puerto Rico for children
One of the decisions that parents have to face before the arrival of the baby is to choose the name. A question that is not always easy, because sometimes they are influenced by family pressures to follow the tradition of a name. In Puerto Rico there is a clear preference for names for simple childr
One of the decisions that parents have to face before the arrival of the baby is to choose the name. A question that is not always easy, because sometimes they are influenced by family pressures to follow the tradition of a name.
In Puerto Rico there is a clear preference for names for simple children. In the list of frequent names in this country we find a combination of names of Hispanic tradition and names of Anglo-Saxon origin, but all of them stand out for their strong personality.
Frequent names for children in Puerto Rico
1. Sebastián. It is a name of Greek origin whose meaning inspires respect and credibility. In addition, it is a traditional and elegant name that never goes out of fashion and that retains all its strength despite its use.
2. Ian. It is a name of Scottish origin that is actually a variant of the better known Juan. In this Anglo-Saxon version the name gains strength and sophistication and especially likes for its simplicity.
3. Luis. The name is of Germanic origin and in its meaning we find values such as courage and fame. It enjoys great popularity because it is a strong and simple name at the same time, able to bring personality to your child.
4. Angel. It is a name of Greek origin that is traditional and familiar to us. Its use has not worn out this name in whose meaning we find a messenger of good news. All a statement of intentions that accompany your baby.
5. Adrián. This name has a Latin origin and a meaning related to the sea. We are before one of those names that sound modern and original despite having a long history. Elegance and distinction always accompany Adrián.
6. Jayden. The name is of English origin, although it refers to another Hebrew origin. It is a name that brings distinction and originality and has the particularity of working for both names of boys and girls. In any case, it does not lack strength or personality.
7. Dylan. It is a name of Welsh origin in whose meaning we find the impetus and spontaneity. It is a name with a special force capable of staying topical and continuing to be fresh and original. Creativity is the main characteristic of your baby's name.
8. Diego. This name has a Hebrew origin and it is a variant of the well-known Jacob. It is an elegant name that remains alien to fashions and that brings a distinguished air. In addition, it is very familiar and therefore inspires great confidence.
9. José. It is a name of Hebrew origin that we are used to seeing in the lists of frequent names in countless places. It works perfectly alone or combined with other names to which it brings the strength and personality that comes with the tradition.
10. Carlos. With a meaning that speaks of strength, this name of Germanic origin is a classic in the lists of frequent names. It is distinguished because the use has not been able to wear down his personality and is always fresh and topical.