Before even knowing the sex of your baby you start to wonder what will be the best name. Surely you will leave advise by your family and friends, some will even ask you to honor some ancestor, but finally, putting the name of the baby is something that you and your partner have to decide. In Uruguay
Before even knowing the sex of your baby you start to wonder what will be the best name. Surely you will leave advise by your family and friends, some will even ask you to honor some ancestor, but finally, putting the name of the baby is something that you and your partner have to decide.
In Uruguay they do not let themselves be influenced by fads and for that reason, in the list of frequent names for girls we find traditional names with a clear preference for compound names and for a protagonist we know well, the name María.
Frequent names for girl in Uruguay
1. Ana María. The most frequent name for a girl in Uruguay is of Hebrew origin and it has been transmitted to us thanks to the biblical tradition. It is a combination of two names that stand out for their simplicity and for their almost universal character. And it is that we are before two of the most popular names in the world.
2. Ana Laura. The Hebrew origin of Ana joins the Latin origin of Laura in a combination of two very feminine and delicate names that highlight the beauty of any girl. Both names have enough personality to go alone, but in this case, they are one of the most popular names for girls.
3. María Carmen. The Hebrew origin of Mary is combined with the Latin origin of Carmen to form a tremendously familiar name throughout the Hispanic world. The force that Mary exerts for herself only reinforces the beauty of Carmen's meaning as a true song of life.
4. María Cristina. We are before a compound name that results from the combination of a Hebrew origin, that of Mary, plus a Greek origin, that of Cristina. If in its origins the name emanated religiosity, nowadays it has been revitalized thanks to its musicality and elegance.
5. María José. This name is of Hebrew origin in its two components and it is one of the most popular names for girls in the Hispanic world. By using it, we are no longer surprised that its main feature is the union of a feminine name with another masculine name.
6. María Alejandra. If Mary has a Hebrew origin, Alejandra has a Greek origin. The result of this combination of ancient traditions is a modernized composite name with an elegant and sophisticated touch like few others. Undoubtedly, this name spreads strength and personality.
7. María Fernanda. It is a name composed by the omnipresent Maria and a name of Germanic origin, Fernanda, who comes loaded with a special charisma. Courage and courage are implicit in the meaning of Fernanda, a strong name that is softened by the delicacy of Mary.
8. Florence. The name Florencia has a Latin origin and is one of the most appreciated by Uruguayan families. Its popularity is due to its meaning related to the floral world, so suitable for a girl, but also for all the romantic and artistic evocations of the Italian city.
9. María Rosario. This name combines the Latin origin of Rosario with the already known Hebrew origin of Mary. It is one of the most beautiful names for girls because of that implicit meaning in Rosario, "the one that lives among roses", which is highlighted by her accomplice María.
10. Lucia. It is a name of Latin origin evocative of light, bright and resplendent as befits your child. We are facing a name that has a long tradition but has not lost freshness with use. On the contrary, Lucia always sounds fresh, elegant and delicate.