In many houses, parents face the same problem every day: the child does not want to do homework, comes home with too many tasks, takes a long time to finish his homework or parents do not know how to help their children. In Guiainfantil.com we are going to tell you what we should do the parents and
In many houses, parents face the same problem every day: the child does not want to do homework, comes home with too many tasks, takes a long time to finish his homework or parents do not know how to help their children.
In Guiainfantil.com we are going to tell you what we should do the parents and what we should never do in relation to the school's duties.
What we must do to help children with homework
We must create a habit of study, teach the child to learn, so that little by little he can face only his duties without needing so much supervision. How do we do it?
1. We must show a positive attitude to our duties, regardless of our personal opinion. Hay 2. It is necessary to create an adequate atmosphere: no noise, no distractions, in a comfortable environment with good light. In addition, the child must have all the necessary materials on his desk.
Create a work schedule : it is not convenient to leave homework for the last hour of the day when the children are tired. You have to create a daily schedule and do your homework at the same time, for example: snack, do homework and play.4. When the child asks for help we should not do the homework, but guide and induce him to get the answer. The solution must be given by him.
5. When you notice that the child is tired or blocked, let
stop ten minutes to rest and then return with more concentration. Ala 6. Praise and highlight the progress you make or congratulate you when you have done an exercise well. 7. Show interest in your duties, ask every day what jobs you have to do and help you review it.
What we should not do with the children's homework
Everything mentioned above is fundamental for children to learn to master study habits gradually, but it is also basic not to fall into errors like these:
Doing the duties of the children
. Although it seems very obvious the answer we should not give it. We will only get them used to it. 2.Pressing the child and getting nervous
: shouting at children, scolding them or even punishing them will only block the child and get him to refuse to do homework. 3. Teach them more than they have learned in school: if the child has not yet learned certain subjects we should not introduce them to them at home. We run the risk of confusing him if they learn otherwise in school or of frustrating him if he is not ready yet for that knowledge.
4. Protest in front of themby the level of the load of duties or the quality of the same. If we do not agree, we should protest at the center, but never before the child.
5. Not being rigorous: It is a mistake to let them do their homework anywhere, at any time, next to the tablet or television.
6. Not being a support: Sometimes they do not take their duties too seriously and we do not pay attention or are available when they need it.