When a baby is born, all eyes are on him and the proud mother. However, there is a very present figure in the education and affective bond of the new little person who also enjoys the moment of birth and subsequent upbringing: the father . But, how much time do parents have when a child is born? Dep
When a baby is born, all eyes are on him and the proud mother. However, there is a very present figure in the education and affective bond of the new little person who also enjoys the moment of birth and subsequent upbringing: the father.
But, how much time do parents have when a child is born? Depending on the country of the world, we find inequality regarding paternity and maternity leave among themselves, since in some it can be shared, and it is usually higher than in others.
Paternity leave in Europe
- Norway, Sweden and Finland, the best conditions in Europe:It is the countries of the world that have better working conditions for couples who decide to have a child and enjoy paternity leave and maternity. In the case of Norway, parents can enjoy 14 weeks from 2012 with the baby according to birth, compared to 49 with full salary. Sweden, on the other hand, has 12 weeks of paternity leave, of the 13 months available that the mother has. In the case of Finland, the mother has 15 weeks, and the father has 2, but between them they can be divided into older ones 22 weeksas a family.
- Spain, France, Italy and the United Kingdom: While in Spain mothers enjoy 16 weeks of sick leave, men only have 2. Those of the mother can be shared with the father if it is his wish. In the case of France, mothers have 112 days after delivery, but men only enjoy two weeks as in Spain. In the case of Italy, mothers have 154 days and parents 91.
- European countries without paternity leave: However, there are countries where men still do not have parental leave, such as Greece , Czech Republic or Ukraine. In Ireland there are not any by law, but they can share 112 of the 182 days that the mother has.
Parental leave in the American continent
- United States: It is one of the countries with the worst conditions for mothers, since the remuneration during the twelve-week maternity leave is not maintained. In order to be able to benefit from the salary while they enjoy their babies, mothers usually benefit from temporary disability or even illness or vacation leave. However, paternity leave is included in state laws. Only 14 states and the District of Columbia have supported laws that guarantee aid to parents.
- Brazil and Cuba: These are the countries of Latin America that have a longer maternity leave, with 120 days, more than 17 weeks. However, as for the parents, they can only enjoy five days in the case of Brazil, which surpasses Cuba that does not give paternity permission. Both are the countries in Latin America that give more days to recent mothers, since the rest are below 12 weeks.
- Chile and Venezuela: In both countries, the maternity leave is of 14 weeks, but it is in the case of the days that correspond to the dads of the babies where they differ. While Chile contemplates 5 days for the father, the Venezuelan dads can be with their babies up to 14 days, two weeks.
- Argentina, Mexico and Ecuador: In these three countries, mothers have 12 weeks off, but parents can not enjoy any day of leave for the birth of their child, except in the case of Mexico, which is extends up to 25 days.