A very high percentage of pregnant women will have nausea and vomiting at the beginning of pregnancy. Sometimes it will be accompanied by headache, anxiety and fatigue. Most likely, this will make us ill-tempered and anguish a bit, but it is a malaise that does not generally contain seriousness, alt
A very high percentage of pregnant women will have nausea and vomiting at the beginning of pregnancy. Sometimes it will be accompanied by headache, anxiety and fatigue.
Most likely, this will make us ill-tempered and anguish a bit, but it is a malaise that does not generally contain seriousness, although it reduces the quality of life of the future mother. Reflexology can be a good antidote to alleviate these discomforts. We tell you how.
Why nausea and dizziness occur during pregnancy
Some days after fertilization, the woman's hormonal levels begin to fluctuate, there being a large increase in the hormone HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) affecting, among others, the digestive tract, as well as the sense of taste and smell. This hormone begins to be secreted on the fourth day of conception, having its peak in week 12 and descending from week 13 until it reaches stabilization.
Another protagonist of dizziness and vomiting in the morning, is insulin, which is the cause of hypoglycemia. After fertilization and verification of the existence of pregnancy, insulin levels begin to increase immediately. Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas begin to grow to produce more insulin, with increased amounts of insulin in the bloodstream but not enough glucose or carbohydrates to carry the cells (and insulin is the hormone that extracts glucose) of blood, a small imbalance is created).
The result of all this is a state of hypoglycemia. Many moms do not adapt quickly to this process by not making the appropriate changes in their diet, so it is particularly important to maintain a healthy diet.
Reflexology to relieve nausea and vomiting in pregnant women
Reflexology in pregnancy will help you in various ways, as preventive therapy, preventing everything that could happen to us due to the inevitable physical and hormonal changes that we will have during nine months, or as a therapy punctual. In both cases, the treatment that we will work with Reflexology will be very specific techniques where the following reflections will be worked on:
1. Vertebral Column: It is important to work the reflex slowly and with great precision to contribute to relaxation and relaxation. I also recommend applying the Metamorphic Technique.
2. Solar Plexus: We will work in order to balance the Autonomic Nervous System. It will help us reduce the stress that can appear at the beginning of vomiting and dizziness. It is convenient that they are firm and slow movements.
3. Head: It will help us stimulate the Central Nervous System and also help us to prevent headaches.
4. Esophagus: Will restore the correct peristalsis.
5. Cardias: With this we will strengthen the sphincter and avoid its inopportune relaxation.
6. Stomach: We promote proper digestion and promote peristalsis.
Vomiting and nausea appear as a reaction of the organism to a new hormonal order, it is a warning that indicates that great changes are happening within us and that it must be attended to with due care, respect and commitment. us ourselves, like our baby. That's why I advise you to look for a Reflexologist specialized in Maternity and start a specific program for your pregnancy.