Why children should not use their mobile phones at school
This can be a debate between parents and professionals. Some argue that students should have cell phones in class because they must be prepared for adult life and therefore have to learn to live with a mobile as adults do. But other professionals and reality, is that children should not use the mobi
This can be a debate between parents and professionals. Some argue that students should have cell phones in class because they must be prepared for adult life and therefore have to learn to live with a mobile as adults do. But other professionals and reality, is that children should not use the mobile phone at school.
6 reasons to avoid using the mobile phone in class
When a child studies, he should avoid any type of distraction and that includes the mobile phone (at home and at school). The study is concentration time and a mobile with everything you can do today is more a game for a child than a communication tool. But, are there more reasons why children should not use their cell phones at school? Yes, and they are enough.
1. Avoid consumerism. Today phone companies create mobile phones for children to get their attention and increase sales. They do not care about the negative effects in childhood, they just want to sell.
2. Lack of discipline in class. Many teachers complain about the lack of discipline in class because of the motives. Children who carry cell phones to school do not pay attention and play with their phones during school hours.
3. Less concentration. By not paying attention in class their concentration is not where it should be because it is in the mobile and not in the studies.
4. Symbol of status that harms students. Having a better mobile for children begins to be a symbol of status (when it is more modern, elegant ...) and increases the prestige among students and classmates. They can produce undesirable changes in their lifestyle and in their relationship with others.
5. Sedentary. At recess time, instead of playing creative activities or promoting hobbies, they prefer to be sitting on the telephone, which is very harmful for their social life as well as for an active life.
6. There may be misuse. There is a high probability that there is a misuse of the phone and that they send and receive messages, photos or videos that are vulgar, hurtful and even offensive. In addition, children can access websites for adults with inappropriate content.
It is very important that parents are aware of all this. These parents must take measures to ensure the safety of the child so that children should be warned and protected so that they are aware of the dangers that mobile phones have, of their use (with advantages and disadvantages) and to set clear standards for its use.