Therapeutic massage for babies is part of a preventive program that provides a touch of love from the beginning. The massage for babies strengthens the affective bond with the parents. Understanding the benefits of infant massage can improve the quality of parenting and promote the well-being of bot
Therapeutic massage for babies is part of a preventive program that provides a touch of love from the beginning. The massage for babies strengthens the affective bond with the parents. Understanding the benefits of infant massage can improve the quality of parenting and promote the well-being of both parents and babies.
Infant massage contains certain critical elements of bonding such as eye contact, mutual smiles, soft sounds, loving touch, caresses, smells and mutual interaction. Studies show that this union increases parental attachment así, as well as the desire to nourish and care for your baby. These interactions increase the biochemical pleasure in the child's brain, thus reinforcing the neural pathways associated with pleasure and motivation, strengthening the parent's bond with the baby and the baby's bond with their parents.Benefits of massage for babies
1. Holds a loving and intimate communication.
2. Improves the bond with their parents. 3. Promotes social, emotional and cognitive development. 4. Help the baby to relax and release the tension of daily stimuli. 5. Reduce gas, colic and intestinal difficulties. 6. Promotes the baby's sleep. 7. Strengthens and regulates the respiratory, circulatory, nervous, muscular, digestive and endocrine systems. Benefits of massage for parents
1. Promotes a better understanding of the baby's signals.
2. Improves communication and emotional ties. 3. Increase confidence in the parent's manipulative skills towards the baby. 4. Provides one-to-one interaction quality. 5. Help parents rest and relax. 6. Increase vocalization and direct eye contact. 6. Give parents a special time to connect and strengthen the bond with their child. Massage for premature babies
- Facilitates and promotes weight gain in premature newborns.
- Reduces the production of stress hormone (cortisol). - Counteract the response to pain. - Provides greater parental involvement and satisfaction. - Promotes a more mature motor behavior of the baby. - Improves the immune system. It helps reduce hospital stay. Practical benefits of massage for babies
Infant massage is an emerging practice in today's world, which has motivated researchers to study the emotional and therapeutic benefits of massage. Massaging babies is a great source of tactile stimulation. A classic study, conducted at the Research Institute Touch Research Institute mostró, showed that premature infants stimulated with a daily massage had an average weight gain greater than 47 percent per day, that they were more active and were more alert during the sleep-wake cycle, and showed more motor maturity, better space-time orientation, and better behavior on the Brazenton scale than babies who did not receive massage. For parentsThe dissemination in the teaching of infant massage is due to the positive results of the research, and thanks to our changing, accelerated lifestyles and the great desire of parents to provide better care for their babies and children .
Baby massage strengthens the bond with parents and is demonstrated in situations in which both parents work, daily massage helps to compensate the separation, to be able to re-establish the link between both and thus be able to provide intimate quality of time , which is so necessary in this period of our children's lives. For parents, who often do not have the time or opportunity to parent, creating and maintaining a physical bond with their baby is particularly important. Mutual interaction offers both the child and the parents more confidence in themselves, and the ability to have a special quality time together.