The relationship between siblings is undoubtedly very important in the family, since it is a relationship that will last for life. As parents it is very important to strengthen the bond between siblings, but what can you do to make sure that the bond between your children is positive? Although you c
The relationship between siblings is undoubtedly very important in the family, since it is a relationship that will last for life. As parents it is very important to strengthen the bond between siblings, but what can you do to make sure that the bond between your children is positive? Although you can never know what your children's relationship will be like, what you can do is boost it so that at least the chances of getting along are higher.
Getting siblings to have a good relationship
The family relationship and especially the bond between siblings is very important throughout life. That is why it is necessary that the bonds that are built be strong and lasting, and it is the parents who have the power to achieve this since the little ones are born.
- Give example of behavior. The first thing you will have to take into account is the example, if you want your children to get along with each other you will have to set an example of good relationships with others. But there are other tips you can take each day to strengthen the bond between brothers.
- Play as a family. If you play the game as a family, it will strengthen the family bond and also between the brothers. Thanks to family games you will be able to teach them values and very successful ways of relating. But do not worry if when your children start to grow older the game starts to decrease, what matters is that communication is enhanced since they are small.
- Positive Parenting. Screaming or punishing too much can be harmful to the well-being of your children. But you should be aware that children imitate these behaviors and children may behave badly among them. For this reason, practicing positive parenting techniques will foster the relationship between parents and children and also between siblings. Positive parenting will also make your children more respectful of others and have better self-esteem.
- Healthy behaviors. Healthy behaviors will help your children learn the meaning of family unity. It is necessary that you identify positive attributes that are special for each of your children and reinforce it often. Avoid labels or negative behaviors, and of course, never compare your children or say you want more to one than to another (not kidding!).
- Reduce rivalry. Do not empower the competition between brothers to get better results because it will be the opposite. The necessary thing is to help your children separately so that they know their worth and that the competition between brothers does not make sense. When your children do a good job, tell them with pride and love.