Sometimes it is not easy to choose the name of the baby because of the large number of options in names for boys and girls. If there are families looking for an original name and infrequent, others prefer traditional and lifelong names. Names of Greek origin are traditional names but many retain an
Sometimes it is not easy to choose the name of the baby because of the large number of options in names for boys and girls. If there are families looking for an original name and infrequent, others prefer traditional and lifelong names.
Names of Greek origin are traditional names but many retain an original touch. All have very strong meanings that reinforce the personality of any child, that's why we have compiled a list with 10 Greek names for children that you will love.
10 Greek names for babies
1. Alexis. This name of Greek origin is one of the most popular throughout the world and in all ages. In principle it was a diminutive of Alejandro, so its meaning is 'the one that protects men', but this variant gains in charisma and personality.
2. Theseus. The name comes directly to us from Greek mythology and means 'the founder'. It belongs to one of the most famous Greek heroes, so the name is loaded with strength and forcefulness.
3. Achilles. It's a name with all the flavor of mythological Greece. It does not have a specific meaning, but it is the name of the river Acheloo and it is very well known to us by the protagonist hero of 'The Iliad'. It is also one of the names most liked by children.
4. Esteban. The name belongs to that list of traditional names of Greek origin that have accompanied us for generations. It means 'the crowned' and like it because it is a name without shrillness but with a lot of personality.
5. Nicolás. It is one of the most widespread Greek names throughout the world. It has a very eloquent meaning of 'victory of the people' and also admits many interesting variants according to the language. Without a doubt, it is a safe bet for your child.
6. Hector. This name means 'the possessor' and is one of the most special Greek names able to maintain a modern and fresh touch despite knowing each other since ancient times. And is that Hector is a literary name that already appears as a hero in 'The Iliad'.
7. Jorge. The name is one of the most popular in the whole world. Its original meaning in Greek was related to 'the earth' and is one of those names that do not lose charm or freshness with the passage of time.
8. Theo. This name was originally a diminutive of many other names with the same root of Theo, whose meaning refers to 'the divine'. The same thing happens to Leo, who become proper names because of the charisma they give off.
9. Nestor. It is a name that means 'the remembered one'. It appears already in 'The Iliad' as the name of a person full of wisdom, restraint and sanity. We like it for its musicality and because it is able to remain as the original name with the passage of generations.
10. Stavros. The name has a meaning related to 'the cross' and is one of the most popular names for children in all of Greece. We like it because it is the most original and emanates personality.