Constipation may be defined as infrequent defecation or exertion, as well as the elimination of hard stools. There is no unanimous criteria to establish what is the ideal frequency to go to the service, but usually it is usually once a day. Constipation can be considered as a disorder or a disease,
Constipation may be defined as infrequent defecation or exertion, as well as the elimination of hard stools. There is no unanimous criteria to establish what is the ideal frequency to go to the service, but usually it is usually once a day.
Constipation can be considered as a disorder or a disease, depending on how much it alters the quality of life of the person. For a pregnant woman, the risk of suffering is latent throughout the pregnancy, because there are factors of different origin that support it, but fortunately has Reflexology to avoid or relieve episodes of constipation.
6 causes of constipation in pregnancy
There are six factors that influence or can cause constipation in pregnant women:
1. Hormonal factors: There is an increase in progesterone levels and this hormone has a direct effect on intestinal motility slowing it down.
2. Anatomical factors:The intestines are compressed by the uterus. This compression intensifies especially in the large intestine, causing intestinal motility to become slower.
3. Secondary factors derived from drugs:There are drugs such as iron consumption to treat anemia in pregnancy that produces constipation.
4. Nutritional factors:The eating habits that we used to have before pregnancy sometimes are no longer appropriate in our new state. The quality of the food, as its quantity, as well as its frequency in the ingestion will influence very directly in the functioning of the digestive system, as well as in the evacuation. Maybe checking if our diet is rich in fiber will be enough, a high intake of fruits and vegetables is usually the key.
5. Lifestyle:If my lifestyle is based on sedentary lifestyle, there will be no movement or oxygenation and this will cause a slowing down of the intestinal transit. Walking daily helps more than we imagine in cases of constipation.
6. Stress:Stress directly affects the digestive system by altering the peristaltic movements of the intestine as a consequence of a reduction in blood supply to the intestinal tract. I recommend reflexology in this case to relieve stress.
How to treat constipation with reflexology
We will work all reflex points of the digestive system including the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, rectum and anus, in this way we will promote intestinal motility and peristaltic movement. The reflex point of the liver will help us balance the metabolism and the gallbladder will prevent cholesterol retention and the formation of gallstones. Finally, we will work the entire Urinary System to promote the elimination of liquids and promote better drainage.
A cause of constipation is hemorrhoids, but you can also help to alleviate them and even avoid them if you use Reflexology during your pregnancy.