Puppets of animals with ice cream sticks. Crafts for children
Children have many toys, but it does not always mean that it is most advisable for them. There are simple toys that we can make with few materials and that will entertain children much more than a videogame. A good example of this are puppets. Today we propose an entertaining and educational activit
Children have many toys, but it does not always mean that it is most advisable for them. There are simple toys that we can make with few materials and that will entertain children much more than a videogame. A good example of this are puppets.
Today we propose an entertaining and educational activity for children: make puppets with ice cream sticks. For this you only need the sticks, EVA rubber or felt and a lot of imagination. Complete this craft with a small theater made with a box of cereals.
Puppets of animals to play with children
Make puppets of animals with EVA rubber, we propose you three animals of the jungle but you can do the ones you like the most, use your imagination!
3 ice cream sticks
Blue, yellow and brown paint
Gray, white, yellow, brown, pink and red EVA rubber
How to make animal puppets with ice cream sticks
1 Paint the ice cream sticks: one blue, one brown and one yellow, and let it dry. Haz 2. Make three equal circles on EVA rubber using a glass or round object: One in gray, one in yellow and one in brown. They will be the heads of the animals. A 3. Then cut out the details:
- For the monkey: Cut the face on pink EVA rubber, and also the ears making two smaller semicircles.
- For the lion: Draw on EVA half brown semicircle rubber using the same glass, and use it as a silhouette to complete the mane. Make the ears on yellow, the nose with two white ovals and the nose with a brown triangle.
- For the elephant: Draw the trunk on gray EVA rubber, in pink the final part of the tube and ears, and red mouth.
4. With a permanent black marker paint the details: the stripes of the elephant's trunk, the points of the nose of the lion, the nose and mouth of the monkey, and the inside of the ears of all animals.
5. Glue mobile eyes to complete the faces. Then stick the animals in the ice cream sticks, you have your animals ready!