Choosing the name of the baby is increasingly difficult. Many parents are tired of the traditional names and look for a more original name. That is why the tendency in children's names is to look at exotic India, where we can find very original and meaningful names. The Indian names for children are
Choosing the name of the baby is increasingly difficult. Many parents are tired of the traditional names and look for a more original name. That is why the tendency in children's names is to look at exotic India, where we can find very original and meaningful names.
The Indian names for children are of Sanskrit origin and there are also traditional names, although to us they are modern and novel. In fact, they are Hindu names collected from the oldest mythological texts of Hindu culture.
10 Indian names for children
1. Ranjit. It is one of the most frequent names for children in India. It has a meaning related to 'pleasure' and belongs to an historical character of India.
2. Anand. This name for a child is one of the most beautiful for its meaning of 'happiness'. Perhaps we are more familiar with the word from which it derives in Sanskrit, Ananda.
3. Jaidev. This Sanskrit name means 'victory of the gods'. We like it because it is a very original name, with an exotic touch and a strong personality.
4. Kiran. The name means 'sun ray' and we like it because it is a short and very beautiful name. In its meaning so eloquent you can find everything that implies the arrival of your baby.
5. Brahma. Although the meaning of this name in Sanskrit is 'prayer', it is more familiar to us because it belongs to one of the main gods of Hindu culture. Brahma is neither more nor less than the creator of the universe.
6. Madhur. The name has a meaning as 'sweet as honey'. We like it because it is a modern name capable of reinforcing the personality of any child.
7. Hari. As a nickname of the god Vishnu, this name means 'lion'. It is one of the most beautiful names for children, a short name that contains great strength in its meaning.
8. Narendra. It is a name for a child that brings distinction. In addition, its meaning is that of 'lord of men', so it is indicated for a child destined to be a true leader.
9. Devdan. With a meaning of 'gift of the gods', this name is especially indicated for those babies who have been waiting for a long time.
10. Vishnu. Another of the Hindu gods, in this case the protector of the universe. The name has a meaning of 'omnipresent' and is not strange because of the popularity of Indian mythology.