When our child is especially tired, irascible, unappetizing, and abruptly changes his mood, he may suffer without knowing it, stress. Child stress is associated with some change in your life that disrupts your order. It does not have to be a seemingly large change. For example, the arrival of a brot
When our child is especially tired, irascible, unappetizing, and abruptly changes his mood, he may suffer without knowing it, stress. Child stress is associated with some change in your life that disrupts your order. It does not have to be a seemingly large change. For example, the arrival of a brother may be enough.
The best in these cases is to locate the source of the stress. Afterwards, parents can help you order your world and your feelings and boost your self-esteem.
How parents can control childhood stress
In a case of childhood stress, parents must help our children in different ways. The first of them is to realize that something is happening in their lives, something that is not temporary, something that needs to be addressed and solved as soon as possible.
Following a few simple guidelines can greatly reduce the impact of stress on children, such as:
- Maintain good habits and routines in food, hygiene and sleep.
- Encourage children to do some sport.
- Reduce the number of hours in front of the television or other screens.
- Control the number of extracurricular activities performed.
- Promote family dialogue, actively listen to what they want to explain to us, talk to us about everything that concerns them, whether it is about the school, their friends, brothers, ...
- Facilitate that they can carry out some of their favorite activities.
- Be less demanding, be more flexible and tolerant.
- Create a calm and peaceful atmosphere at home. It is important that they feel safe, in an environment as stable and balanced as possible. Ded - Dedicate time, playing, reading, listening to relaxing music, watching a movie or simply enjoying the privilege of being together.
- Help them to express their emotions a, to put words to their feelings, to draw or write them. Help them find a way to channel their anger, sadness, joy, fear, ... speak naturally of all this as a family.
- Practice some relaxation technique appropriate to the age level of our children. There are several of them that can be practiced at home and in the family, as part of a game or activity. When the situation surpasses us we should seek professional help, here they will help us to deal specifically with the problem that affects our son.