You can find many sources of inspiration when choosing the best name for your baby. If you like the traditional names but keep all the freshness and have an original touch, you will surely love the medieval names for girls. The medieval names for girls are beautiful, elegant names with a charm that
You can find many sources of inspiration when choosing the best name for your baby. If you like the traditional names but keep all the freshness and have an original touch, you will surely love the medieval names for girls.
The medieval names for girls are beautiful, elegant names with a charm that is hard to resist. Many of them are found in the protagonists of literature and others come through oral tradition, but they all have a distinguished air. We have 10 medieval names for girls.
10 medieval names for girls
1. Jimena. It is a name of uncertain origin and meaning. Most theories point to a Hebrew origin and a meaning of 'the one who listens'. What is clear is that it is a name with a clear medieval flavor and one of the most attractive for girls.
2. Ines. This name of Greek origin and meaning of 'pure' is one of the most beautiful for girls. Its simplicity does not detract personality from a name that was very frequent in the Middle Ages and that maintains all its charm today.
3. Gadea. It is a name of Greek origin with a meaning of 'virtuous'. Some think it is the Asturian variant of names like Águeda or Ágata. In any case, it is a very original and very unusual name with which your girl will feel very special.
4. Elvira. The name has a Germanic origin and a meaning of 'noble protector'. We arrive loaded with medieval evocations, queens, infantas and ladies and we like it because it is one of those traditional names that is worth revitalizing.
5. Aldara. This name is of Germanic origin and means 'respectable'. It was a very popular name in the Galicia of the Middle Ages and then it was forgotten. At present, it gains in popularity because it is a name with a lot of charm and personality.
6. Eleanor. It is a name of Celtic origin with a meaning of 'audacious'. Although today it is known as the name of several European princesses, it has a long medieval tradition. We like it because it is a sweet name with a very special musicality.
7. Mencía. This name has an uncertain origin although almost all the theories point to a Spanish origin and a meaning of 'indulgent'. The mystery about its origin only adds to the attraction of a name with personality and a lot of magnetism.
8. Beatriz. The name is of Latin origin and means 'the one that makes you happy'. It is the medieval name for a child par excellence, with such strength that has been able to maintain its popularity until today. A name with tradition and lots of energy for your baby.
9. Catalina. It is a name of Greek origin that has a meaning of 'cleanliness'. It is a traditional and familiar name with an elegant and distinguished touch. It is one of those names so strong that they are able to highlight the personality of any girl.
10. Juliet. This name is of Latin origin and its meaning refers to one of the first families of Rome. It is a variant of Julia and in this case it has a marked medieval flavor as well as literary.