Which second language to choose for children? How to know which language a child should study? Each language has some advantages and disadvantages when it comes to studying its grammar, its vocabulary and its phonation or pronunciation. In addition, when choosing a second language for children, pare
Which second language to choose for children? How to know which language a child should study? Each language has some advantages and disadvantages when it comes to studying its grammar, its vocabulary and its phonation or pronunciation. In addition, when choosing a second language for children, parents must take into account the importance that second language will have in the child's education and in their professional future.
With this review of the most studied languages at this time, parents can choose the second language to be appropriate for your child.
The choice of a second language for children
The English language
It has always been considered the international language, it is the most widely used in business and research worldwide.
Advantages to study English:
1. The first advantage when choosing it as a language for the baby is in the phonetics. The phonetics of English are the most difficult to learn compared to the other languages analyzed. In fact, English phonics is the biggest obstacle to acquiring bilingual skills in adulthood. Therefore, English is a language in which it is essential to start as soon as possible. Children up to age 4 assimilate phonetics in a natural way to achieve bilingualism.
2. English is the language with the best prepared methods for learning, both for children and adults. In addition, it is the best known, since there are numerous studies on this language, which will facilitate learning to the child.
3. It is true that English is in third place in the ranking of mother tongue languages, (1st Chinese, 2nd Spanish), but in this ranking the people who speak it as a second language are not counted, thus increasing the English practically equal to Chinese. At the same time, as China grows and develops, the number of Chinese who study English grows exponentially, thus also increasing the importance of English.
The Chinese language
For a few years now, China has experienced great growth and great potential due to its large population, which has meant that the interest in learning Chinese has grown rapidly. In many places, it is considered the language of the future.
Advantages to study Chinese:
1. Phonetically, Chinese is not complicated, in fact experts consider that learning to speak Chinese is easier than learning English. The biggest difficulty of Chinese is writing, which is very complex.
2. China is a growing market, which is also present in all parts of the world, and until very recently, there were very few who studied Chinese. Although the number has increased, it is still well below languages such as English or German, which can give children a considerable competitive advantage in the future.
The Spanish language
It is the second most spoken language as a mother tongue, it is increasingly integrated in the United States. In addition, the fashion of learning Spanish continues to grow. However, it does not have the strength in the business of other languages, such as English, Chinese or German.
Advantages to study Spanish:
1. It is the second most spoken in the world.
2. Spanish is a transparent language, since it is written the same as when it is pronounced.
The German language
For many years it has been the language of engineering, Germany is the strongest country, economically speaking, in Europe, which made it a very important language in the European market.
Advantages to study German:
1. German has the advantage that pronunciation is the same as in Spanish, so once we have a base it will be easier to understand than in English. Although we find the disadvantage in the writing and the complexity of the Gothic-based language.
2. Recently, with the crisis at European level, we have seen in the news, as more and more jobs are offered in Germany, not only in engineering, but in all sectors. Young people who spoke German have had a clear advantage in finding work outside their borders. This has meant a clear increase in the number of German students.
The French language
Over time, French has lost strength in the field of business when English or German prevails. Empe 1. Starting as a child is important to learn their pronunciation and assimilate their phonetics naturally. Requiere 2. It requires a deep study of grammar, since it has complicated writing due to its three types of accents and the amplitude of verbal forms.