Twins and twins often go hand in hand with their development, growth and routines. Besides, having two children at the same time has its advantages: you do not need to get pregnant again to have a second baby, it is not necessary for anyone to entertain you because they play with each other long bef
Twins and twins often go hand in hand with their development, growth and routines. Besides, having two children at the same time has its advantages: you do not need to get pregnant again to have a second baby, it is not necessary for anyone to entertain you because they play with each other long before the only children or those who have siblings of other ages, When you learn something, you teach it to the other and you can share hobbies and skills.
However, during their first year of life, especially when they are not yet autonomous, their upbringing can overwhelm parents, especially, if they are new. To make this task easier, follow these recommendations.
Tips for parents of twins or twins
1. Talking to other parents who have had twins and twins and reading books about twins or twins care is a great help full of good ideas to raise two babies at once. You can always follow the example of other parents and continue with the techniques that have successfully achieved the goals you set for yourself.
2. Breastfeeding is one of the first tips the medical team will give you in the hospital to ensure the survival of your twin or twin babies. Breast milk is easier to digest and is essential for the immature digestive system of these babies, who with this food are protected against necrotising enterocolitis, a disease that affects the intestine of premature babies when they are fed formula milk. To get enough milk for the two babies and learn more about breastfeeding you can contact the League of Milk, a support group for mothers who want to feed their babies with breast milk. It may be easier to breastfeed the two babies than you think.
3. It is natural to have feelings that do not match the moment of happiness experienced by the intensity of the experience of having twins. Most parents of twins or twins go through times when they feel they were not born to do this work. These feelings will not last long.
4. Calm the two at the same time. It is advisable to use the baby carrier and the cart at the same time to take care of the two babies at the same time when they cry or have sick at the same time. This system allows autonomy, although if you can be accompanied, better.
5. Changing diapers is very frequent. Try to have everything prepared and at hand to make it easier. Ten 6. Always have your bag ready to go for a walk. In case of any emergency, you will only have to take it and it will be all inside.
Twins or twins: what we should NOT do
- Think about their names
. Do not decide on names that sound the same. One of the most difficult tasks for all children is to learn who they are as people and how they differ from others. This task is more difficult in twins, especially in identical twins, because of its great resemblance.- Avoid dressing them equal
, for this same reason.- Try not to be known as "the twins"
. Use their names as you would with two children of different ages. This will help them learn who they are. Do not make comparisons between them. It is natural for all children to be competitive and to compare each other. Being a twin and being constantly compared to your brother can make these feelings worse.- Do not forget the other children in the family.
The time the twins require can make older siblings feel forgotten. Make a special effort to reserve time regularly to be with your other children alone. - Your partner and you are important.
Try to keep the relationship alive with meetings and conversations about your feelings and problems.