In families there are overprotective parents who do not do their children any favors since make them insecure and dependent , but we can also find overprotective siblings who can make exactly the same thing happen. Normally it is the older siblings who feel that feeling of overprotecting the little
In families there are overprotective parents who do not do their children any favors since make them insecure and dependent, but we can also find overprotective siblings who can make exactly the same thing happen.
Normally it is the older siblings who feel that feeling of overprotecting the little brother, it is like a responsibility that they feel they should do.
How are overprotective brothers
An overprotective brother thinks that his little brother is helpless before the world and feels the responsibility to protect him so that nothing bad happens to him, although they can also be territorial and jealous of the good that happens to him to your brother. It is a form of love towards the wrong brother that can cause problems, sometimes this can happen when the older brother feels the role of father either because the parents are never present, because they died, because the parents do not exercise their role as they should , etc.
When a sibling is too overprotective, it can endanger the child's self-esteem and independence, so it is necessary that the adults around him or her guide the overprotective brother to leave the space he needs to the child so that he or she learns to develop only before the child. society. If the overprotective brother becomes obsessed in this role it can turn the relationship into something toxic since a sibling relationship should be horizontal and never something vertical
Negative aspects of having an overprotective brother
Some negative things that can happen because of having an overprotective brother are:
- That the roles are wrong and that there is no healthy and healthy sibling relationship. Que - That the protected brothers feel helpless and incapable.
- Overprotective siblings think they are doing good when they are not. El - The protected brother feels that he does not have the capacity to do things on his own so that he may have problems of self-esteem, independence and aptitude. He will not know how to do anything by himself.
- There may be a toxic relationship between siblings and they may not enjoy each other properly.
Positive aspects of having an overprotective brother
But not everything has to be bad. There are also overprotective brothers who are so because it is born from within as if it were a kind of instinct. If it is not a protective obsession can bring good things to the relationship, such as:
- A greater relationship between siblings. There may be a stronger union between brothers because there will be more complicity.
- They will never feel alone because they will have each other.
- The overprotected brother knows that he will always have an opinion from his brother about any matter.