Christmas is also a fantastic time to transmit through the story part of the history and tradition that unites Christians. In fact, Christmas is a Catholic holiday that is celebrated in many countries and that commemorates the birth of Jesus. Do you want to tell your children who Saint Joseph, the V
Christmas is also a fantastic time to transmit through the story part of the history and tradition that unites Christians. In fact, Christmas is a Catholic holiday that is celebrated in many countries and that commemorates the birth of Jesus.
Do you want to tell your children who Saint Joseph, the Virgin Mary and Jesus are through a story? In pos Posadas , a traditional story from Mexico, you will find the story of how the virgin arrived, about to give birth, to Bethlehem, and why they ended up in a manger instead of sleeping in a hostel or inn.The Mexican tale of Las posadas para Navidad
It was the time of the Roman emperor Augustus. This emperor, one day, decided to take a census of the population, and write down the name and surname of each of the inhabitants. So all the people had to go to the town where he was born. The Virgin Mary at that time, was pregnant, and had to leave with her husband, San Jose, to Bethlehem, the town of their birth.
Mary was about to give birth, and a cold night of December 24th arrived in Bethlehem. Her husband, San José, was worried about his wife's condition, so he called the richest inn in all of Bethlehem. En - In the name of heaven, - he said to the innkeeper - I ask for an inn, because my beloved wife can no longer walk.
The innkeeper looked him up and down and said:
- Here is not an inn, keep going. I can not open it, do not be a good scoundrel.
- Do not be inhuman- insisted San José- Have charity. The kingdom of heaven will reward you.
- You can go and stop bothering, "the innkeeper answered angrily." If I get more angry, I'm going to beat you up.
So San José and the Virgin set off, looking for another place to shelter. This is how they arrived at the inn of the pilgrims. Saint Joseph knocked on the door:
- I am a carpenter and my name is José. We have surrendered from Nazareth.
- I do not care about his name. Get out of here. What I want is to sleep.
They had to find another inn. This time they came to the shelter of the poor. This shelter was next to a barn, where there was only one ox. San Jose knocked on the door:
- I ask for shelter, my good friend, for only one night. My wife is Mary, the Queen of Heaven, and mother is going to be of the divine Word.
- Are you José? Your wife, Maria? Enter, pilgrims.
- God pay this charity and fill the sky with happiness. Como And since the shelter that night was full, José and María had to settle for the stable. As companions of lodging, the ox that slept there and the mule in which Maria had traveled.