One of the great fears of parents is that some stranger can kidnap our children. And we are so afraid that we do not even want to think about it. However, we must think about it and take the preventive measures necessary to avoid child abduction. The smallest must also be aware of the danger, so we
One of the great fears of parents is that some stranger can kidnap our children. And we are so afraid that we do not even want to think about it. However, we must think about it and take the preventive measures necessary to avoid child abduction.
The smallest must also be aware of the danger, so we must talk to them, inculcate a certain prudence without being alarmists and without frightening them. But there are some rules that should be clear between parents and children to avoid an episode such as child abduction or child abuse.
Recommendations to prevent the kidnapping of children
1. It is essential to teach the little ones to distrust strangers. It is better for the child to go through an impolite for not answering a stranger when he is alone than to have a dislike.
2. Pose certain rules, explain why you can not talk to strangers, or accept treats, much less get into a car.
3. You would never send anyone the child does not know to give him a message or to look for him. Make this aspect clear to your son or daughter because many kidnappers use the trick of saying that their mother has sent for them.
4. Make sure your children do not wear their visible name on any garment or backpack to prevent the abductor from calling them by name, creating a climate of trust.
5. If you take your children to the park, delimit the playground and do not lose sight of them. If they leave the marked limit, they notify you and accompany them. It can help you to watch him clothe him with clothes of strong colors. It will help you locate them quickly.
6. Children should know what to do in case of possible kidnapping. Teach them that if a stranger approaches them and tries to take them away they should shout to alert others.
7. In crowded places, such as downtown streets, shows or fairs, do not let your children loose de their hands . It can be very limiting, but the crowds of people are the perfect place for the kidnappers.8.
Never forget that all these measures to prevent kidnappings must be explained with your children no matter how small they may be. They should know the reasons why they follow the recommendations. Otherwise, these security measures may not be taken seriously. 9. Children should be protected, although that sometimes involves some restriction of their children's games. And in any case, we are the parents who must learn to watch over the little ones without feeling suffocated.
10. If you live in a conflict zone with a high risk of child abductions, you can compensate for excessive preventive measures with a weekend in the field so that your children can play more freely.