Speaking in public is not easy. Especially for children who are more timid or have less confidence in themselves. However, to speak in public is learned . To practice oratory in children, nothing better than the game. We propose some fun activities that you can also propose to the teachers so they c
Speaking in public is not easy. Especially for children who are more timid or have less confidence in themselves. However, to speak in public is learned.
To practice oratory in children, nothing better than the game. We propose some fun activities that you can also propose to the teachers so they can also use them in school.
3 great games to practice public speaking in children
At school it is important to promote this skill that will help them when they are adults. From this context can be proposed some games that will be carried out in the classroom. Of course, these games can also be done at home:
1. 'What do you know about ...' For this game, you need some music.
- The participants will walk through the class while the music is playing and, when it stops, they will be placed in front of the person who is closest. Then, the four questions that the teacher or the adult will ask aloud should be answered in the ear of this partner.
- From the answers obtained, the partner will have a minute to explain to the rest the discoveries he has made about his partner. Then, you can make a simple oral presentation. Lo - The most important thing of this game is that you dare to place yourself in front of the class or the rest of the children, to break that barrier, and explain something that, since it is not a story in the first person, should not give you as much shame.
2. The well of fears.
For this game, you need paper. - The children will sit in pairs and write on paper all the unpleasant emotions they feel when they have to go out and talk in front of someone. A - Next, we will tell you to break with all your strength those papers, step on them, crumple them, destroy them ... and throw them into an imaginary well (we will have marked on the floor of the class with chalk a circle) where they fall and They can not go out. Next, we will tell you to close your eyes and imagine that you have to make an important exhibition. This time they will make it great, so well that they will be very happy with it. In addition, the audience will applaud them and they will feel how their chest comes from pride. It has nothing to do with the fears and insecurities of before, they are a new person.
3. The crier.
- The players will be placed in a circle and one of them will start the round as a preacher saying out loud "The king sends that ...". The next one will answer you by completing the sentence.
- The turn will pass to the next player taking into account the hands of the clock and, then, will have to repeat what has been said so far and add a new element to the speech.
- The next player will repeat the whole sentence again and add a new ingredient. Thus, the turns will go successively between the participants until arriving again at the town crier, the player who started the round. This will have to be placed on the table and proclaim with a firm and clear voice what has been repeated.