The most suitable shoes for the first steps of the baby
Which shoes are suitable for the child? This is a frequent question in pediatric consultations. A few years ago, rigid shoes were recommended to hold the ankle, but these recommendations have changed in recent years. Pediatric and orthopedic-orthopedic orthopedists recommend a flexible shoe that doe
Which shoes are suitable for the child? This is a frequent question in pediatric consultations. A few years ago, rigid shoes were recommended to hold the ankle, but these recommendations have changed in recent years. Pediatric and orthopedic-orthopedic orthopedists recommend a flexible shoe that does not compress or excessively hold the foot ya, as this would force the muscles, prevent the correct development of the foot and could lead to incorrect support.Thus, a very stiff sole prevents the baby from folding the fingers properly, forcing the foot flatter and raising the knees more. The recommendation is that the child or baby
walk barefoot whenever possible o, or with non-slip socks. Tips for choosing baby shoesAccording to different ages we follow these recommendations:
1. In the first months of life, socks or soft booties should be chosen, so that they do not hinder the movement of fingers and feet.
2. In the crawling stage the baby can go barefoot or with non-slip socks, and on the outside with shoes that adapt well to your skin and with a flexible sole. Buckles are not recommended, as they can cause erosions on the back of the foot. They should not be forced to walk or stand, nor should walkers be used (taca-taca). En 3. At the stage of the first steps you should also try to go barefoot or with socks as long as possible indoors. Outdoors use a flexible shoe that does not cover the ankle, but that is reinforced in the back and side (buttress). En 4. In the first years autonomy is encouraged if the shoes have Velcro, since they can be put on and taken off by themselves.
How the children's shoe should be
- The shape of the shoe should be broad, with the front part flexible.
- The instep of the shoe must be made with soft skin, the sole will be flexible and non-slip, the height must not exceed the malleolus (the ankle).
- It is convenient that the shoe is used only by a child, since each child steps in a different way.
- In summer the sandals must be well tied, without elements between the first and the second toe.
During the first 10 years of life in which the foot grows very quickly, it must be checked at least once a month if the footwear has become too small:
1. We can verify that the longest toe of the foot (the first or sometimes the second) is 1.5 cm from the toe. When in doubt, a shoe that is bigger than very tight.
2. Insert the index finger between the heel and the shoe without too much effort.
3. Check that there are no red areas on the foot, as this could indicate excessive pressure on the shoe.