Play with your children to create movies. How? With the help of a zoetrope. Yes, that instrument that rotates and rotates to create moving images. Did you know that you can create your own zootrope in a homemade way? We offer you a fun craft that you can do as a family. You just have to follow this
Play with your children to create movies. How? With the help of a zoetrope. Yes, that instrument that rotates and rotates to create moving images. Did you know that you can create your own zootrope in a homemade way? We offer you a fun craft that you can do as a family. You just have to follow this step by step and you will be able to create with your children a homemade zootrope so beautiful.
Green corrugated cardboard
How to make, step by step, a homemade zoetrope
1. Stretch the green cardboard well and secure its sides to the table with adhesive tape. Cardboard should measure 14 centimeters high and 49 centimeters long.
2. Make a mark one and a half centimeters high from the base. And draw a line parallel to the base. With the help of a rule make marks on this line every two centimeters. Oh, and mark a line five centimeters from the previous one. En
3. On the top of the card: mark
a line parallel to one and a half centimeters , but now, instead of marking separations every two centimeters, you will make two marks in a row: one at 5 centimeters and another at 0.5 centimeters
4. Do you remember the marks you made at the base? Make a cut right there and cut the remainder to the next triangle. Your base will be in the form of a saw.
5. Now, with the help of a ruler,
trace vertical rectangles using the marks you made at the top. With a cutter, cut out these small rectangles, which will help you to see the images well when you finish the zoetrope.
Push in the base that you cut into a saw. Help you with the rule. 7. Play a circle with the compass on the white card. And paste the body of the zootrope on top.
Now you must cut two circles on the corrugated green cardboard that measure the same as the base of the plastic cup you are going to use. Find the thumbtack. You must nail it in the center of your zootrope, on the white cardboard, to join it to the plastic cup. Remember that on the base of the glass will go the circles of green cardboard that you cut.
9. And finally
we will make the strips with the figures that will then move. Cut a strip of white cardboard 49 centimeters long and 5 centimeters high. On this hard you can make very similar drawings but with a small difference that can then create a movement effect. A person who moves his legs or this jumping dolphin ... If you are not good at drawing, on the internet you will find figures ready to print.
10. Insert the cardboard strip with your figures in the zoetrope and ... ready! Now you can spin it and enjoy the elegant jumps of the dolphin.