Around four months babies begin to babble, before they make some sounds and gossip, but this is their way of getting started in speech, to approach language. Beginning with this stage, the babies will begin to emit their first phonemes and will be able to say single words between the year and 15 mon
Around four months babies begin to babble, before they make some sounds and gossip, but this is their way of getting started in speech, to approach language.
Beginning with this stage, the babies will begin to emit their first phonemes and will be able to say single words between the year and 15 months. His vocabulary will be expanded to form simple sentences and finally more complete and complex sentences.
In this process of language acquisition, parents can stimulate our baby to have a good speech learning, how? In Guiainfantil.com we suggest you do it through activities, are games to help your baby talk.
Games to help your baby talk
- Children's songs: Singing with children is a great way to learn new words. There are songs that teach children colors, days of the week or parts of the body.
- I see I see: is a classic game that helps develop vocabulary. We will have to adapt it to the child since he still does not know the letters therefore, we can not base on starting with a letter, but we can describe it: say its size, color, smell ...
- Stories with illustrations: we can take a book and to point out what we see in it, whether it is a truck, a ball or a kitten.
- Games with sounds: make sounds of animals or things and ask the child to identify what it is. You can help him the first few times by advancing the answer. When you play again, you will know that if you do "muuuuu", he will have to answer "cow". Es - Hide and Seek:
Take one of your toys and hide it, play both to find, for example, "the doll", "the tractor" or "the ball". Accompany your child in the search for the lost object and repeat the word of the object you are looking for until you find it. - Gestures:
we can stand in front of the mirror and put happy faces, sad, angry or scared. We will give name to each of the gestures and ask the child to repeat it. - Games with the tongue:
to train the movements of the tongue and promote speech learning we can tell the child that the mouth is a door, when we ring the bell, which is in his nose, he should let his tongue out and then put it back We can also tell him that the "lady tongue" loves to go out and visit his friends. We will ask you to visit the chin (you will have to try to touch the chin with your tongue) or the nose (the lady tongue will have to try to reach the nose). Tips to practice games to help your baby talk
- The games to help your baby talk must be part of a fun time, we will choose a situation in which the child wants to play and is not tired, with hungry or angry
- You should not insist for a long time, babies get tired quickly, just a few minutes.
- Do not use a child's language "let's find the tete", we intend to teach the child vocabulary, not adapt it and distort it.
- You can resume those games and activities at different times of the day.
- Do not force the baby if he can not pronounce a word, you have to stimulate him in a funny way, with a positive attitude, otherwise the effect will be the opposite.