Children of 5 years old are becoming more social, have real friendships and understand what causes reactions and feelings. At this age they have great coordination and can perform high energy activities. Although all children are different and each one develops at a rhythm, the reality is that at th
Children of 5 years old are becoming more social, have real friendships and understand what causes reactions and feelings. At this age they have great coordination and can perform high energy activities.
Although all children are different and each one develops at a rhythm, the reality is that at this age, children of 5 years old have some skills in common and also, they begin to develop some important skills for self-esteem and learning.
12 things that children learn when they are 5 years old
1. Will be able to solve creative and abstract problems.
2. They are able to express their opinions and ask complex questions to know the options available to them.
3. They prefer to do activities that involve other children because they are social.
4. Can speak clearly with complex and compound sentences, have good vocabulary. They know how to wait their turn and have conversations with a person or in a group.
5. They advance not only in oral language but also in writing. They know that letters represent sounds in spoken words. For this reason they will pronounce accurately and write according to the sounds.
6. They have a lot of imagination and can tell totally invented stories.
7. They understand shapes and numbers better, so they have greater counting capacity, they do simple addition and subtraction and they are even able to identify the greater number of the minor.
8. They begin to understand how the world works.
9. They begin to tell and understand the time and the social concept of time. A 10. At this age they have well-controlled gross and fine motor skills so they can ride a bike, swim, jump rope, play with a ball, run and also control writing accurately, paint, dress and undress wrists, etc.
11. They can understand the feelings and handle them more independently. They will be able to calm themselves or negotiate to resolve a conflict before looking for an adult.
12. It is curious before everything that happens in the world and that is why they ask 'why' to everything.
Children at this age
are curious and want to know about everything that surrounds them un, an aspect that far from stopping it must be strengthened and nurtured so that in the future they can continue to develop good critical thinking. He also begins to understand what the roles are and to apply them in the symbolic game. It is important to teach them to express their feelings so that they understand their emotions and so as they grow up they can manage their emotions and be able to express their emotions in any circumstance.