Children have an amazing learning ability. From a very young age, they do it through play, observing what is happening around their environment and through their own experimentation. As they grow, they "absorb" a multitude of knowledge in a natural way. Learning should be fun and exciting for childr
Children have an amazing learning ability. From a very young age, they do it through play, observing what is happening around their environment and through their own experimentation. As they grow, they "absorb" a multitude of knowledge in a natural way.
Learning should be fun and exciting for children. It is in school where new and interesting experiences must be found that give the child the opportunity to master certain skills and knowledge that will serve him or her for the future. But, how to know if the child needs more individualized attention? How to help?
Children who need school reinforcement
There may be times during the learning period where children stop organizing well, become more easily distracted and pay less attention because their concentration begins to diminish. Or times when you stop doing your homework for fear of making mistakes.
These are some of the reasons why parents may think it may be good to give school reinforcement to their children. There are several factors that indicate that the child needs support at school.
- School factors. Keep in mind that children learn with different rhythms and in different ways. Many of the children need additional time to master certain learning skills.
- Personal factors. Children can have sensory problems such as seeing or hearing poorly, or speech problems.
- Social factors. The socio-cultural level of the family, affective-emotional deficiencies, etc.
When there is some kind of deficit derived from these factors or a combination of them that affects the child's learning, it is when special means will be needed for the child to achieve the objectives set. The support offered to the child with learning problems may be temporary or permanent. With this help the school integration of the child with difficulties is sought.
How to help children in need of school reinforcement
It is very important that the family and teachers are aware of the evolution of learning in the child to be able to detect early if there are any problems and to act on it if it were necessary, so as not to prejudice the correct acquisition and consolidation of the knowledge acquired in childhood.
There are times when the little one just needs a private teacher or an academy as reinforcement. Others, if necessary, there are multidisciplinary teams in schools composed of psychologists, psychopedagogues, speech therapists or doctors among other types of professionals that help determine the needs, skills and monitoring of the child. The support that the guidance teams can provide consists of:
- Pedagogical reinforcement. Help is given to teachers and families to help the child's curricular integration.
- Educational orientation. The team makes the necessary assessments to the children based on the prevention and detection of cases that need help.
- Give personalized attention depending on the needs and characteristics of the child.