Trick to multiply numbers close to 100. Math games for children
Who said mathematics is difficult? You can get your child to lose the fear of numbers with math games like this. We teach you to multiply figures close to 100, that is, high number. First you will see how it is done with the traditional method, and then we explain how to do it in a more enjoyable an
Who said mathematics is difficult? You can get your child to lose the fear of numbers with math games like this. We teach you to multiply figures close to 100, that is, high number.
First you will see how it is done with the traditional method, and then we explain how to do it in a more enjoyable and fun way. Discover the trick to multiply numbers close to 100 and teach your children.
The trick to multiply numbers close to 100, a math game for children
1. Imagine being asked to multiply 96 x 98 . The classic way to do it would be like this: put 96 and below 98, and begin to multiply the numbers ... The final result ?: 9.408 But that way we will take a long time, right? Pres 2. Pay attention to the trick to multiply numbers close to 100:Write down your multiplication like this: 96 x 98 ... now point up how much each number needs to reach 100. In this case it is a 4 and in this other, 2.
3. Now what you have to do is subtract any of these figures crosswise to the large number.I mean, at 96 you could subtract 2, and you get 94. And look how funny, if you subtract the other number, 98, the number you have crossed, the 4, it does not matter ... 94 ! It seems magic, right? Therefore, you only need to do this operation with one of the two numbers. You aim 94 as the first part of the final result.
4. And how do we find out the rest? Multiplying the two numbers that we point above : in this case, you multiply 4 x 2, and it gives us as a result, 8. But since the result of the second part must have two figures, we put 08 instead of 8. The final result therefore it is 9408.
5. If you want, we do it with another number (which must always be greater than 90 and less than 100), for example: 95 x 98.
6. From 95 to 100 go 5, so above we write down a 5. And from 98 to 100 go 2, so next we put a 2. At 95 we remove 2 and we get 93. That's the first number of our result
7. To calculate the second number, multiply 5 x 2. It gives us 10. We put it behind our first result and at the end we have the number 9.310
What do you think? It's a fun math trick with which you can have a good time and, by the way, leave more than one mouth open!